2016 Audi A8 Car Insurance Rates – 7 Tips for Cheaper Quotes
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 5, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Paying more affordable coverage rates for insurance can be challenging for drivers new to buying insurance online. Consumers have so many choices that it can easily turn into hard work to find the lowest price.
It’s a good habit to take a look at other company’s rates every six months because insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the best rate for A8 insurance two years ago you may be paying too much now. You can search a lot of insurance out there, but I’m going to show you some of the best ways to stop overpaying for insurance.
If you have car insurance now, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using these techniques. This article will introduce you to the most effective way to quote insurance and some tips to save money. Nevertheless, car owners benefit from understanding the methods companies use to market on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
How to compare free insurance coverage quotes
Most larger insurance companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO give prices directly from their websites. Comparing prices online is quite easy as you simply enter into the quote form. When complete, their system sends out for your driving record and credit report and generates pricing information.
Online price quotes makes it simple to compare prices but the time required to go to a lot of sites and enter the same data into a form can get tiresome after awhile. But it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step in order to find the lowest possible prices on insurance coverage.
The easiest way to lower your rates utilizes a single form that gets prices from many companies. The form is fast, reduces the work, and makes quoting online a lot less work. As soon as you send your information, it is rated and you can choose your choice of the returned quotes. If the quotes result in lower rates, you can simply submit the application and purchase the new policy. The entire process can be completed in a matter of minutes and may result in a nice savings.
To save time and compare pricing, click here to open in new window and complete the simple form. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you enter the coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you are getting a fair comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Find hidden discounts to get affordable car insurance quotes
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous car insurance savings.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will forgive one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Active Service Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member can result in better car insurance rates.
- Paperless Signup – A few insurance companies will give you a small discount get insurance over the internet.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you could get a free car insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The best car insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers discounts including driver’s education, multiple policy, accident-free, anti-theft, and good driver.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for teen driver discount, new vehicle discount, newly married, multi-policy, and good student.
- American Family may offer discounts for accident-free, good driver, good student, early bird, defensive driver, and air bags.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, good student, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for alternative fuel, bundle discounts, electronic funds transfer, good student, teen driver, and distant student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for group or association, company car, air bags, anti-theft, multiple vehicles, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include drive less, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, multi-car, and anti-lock brakes.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available everywhere. To view insurers with the best discounts, click here.
Tailor your insurance coverage coverage to you
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Should I rate my 2016 Audi A8 as pleasure use or commute?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Insurance coverages 101
Having a good grasp of insurance can help you determine which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your 2016 Audi A8.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like rock chips in glass, hitting a bird, damage from getting keyed and hail damage. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 50/100/50 which means a limit of $50,000 per injured person, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers things such as attorney fees, structural damage, repair costs for stationary objects and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Coverage for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for short-term medical expenses for ambulance fees, rehabilitation expenses, dental work, doctor visits and pain medications. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as scraping a guard rail, hitting a parking meter and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.