View 2016 Audi A5 Car Insurance Quotes
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 5, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower auto insurance rates for your Audi A5? Feel like you have high-priced auto insurance? It’s a common feeling and there are many people just like you.
Numerous insurance companies battle for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates and uncover the absolute lowest cost out there.
Save with with these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy car insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less for A5 insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Life Insurance – Some insurance companies give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of companies give back up to $50 for completing your application on their website.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a car insurance quote.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount when shopping for car insurance.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Cars that have air bags may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Driver Education Discount – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers sucessfully take a drivers education course as it can save substantially.
- New Car Discount – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can get you a discount because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A list of car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO has discounts for defensive driver, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, military active duty, multi-policy, federal employee, and good student.
- Travelers includes discounts for student away at school, driver training, early quote, multi-car, and good student.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for multi-policy, 55 and retired, driver training, good student, youthful driver, safe driver, and renewal discount.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, new vehicle discount, safety features, multi-policy, and good student.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, good student, early bird, air bags, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, and online signing.
If you want low cost car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in every state. To see a list of providers who offer online car insurance quotes, follow this link.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Insurance coverage basics
Understanding the coverages of your policy aids in choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like falling objects, damage from flooding, fire damage, damage from getting keyed and hail damage. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This coverage provides protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for bills like nursing services, EMT expenses, hospital visits and surgery. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage covers damage to your A5 from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as sideswiping another vehicle, rolling your car and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability insurance provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged propery.
Liability coverage pays for things like funeral expenses, loss of income, attorney fees and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Knowledge is power
Cheaper auto insurance can be found online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not offer online rate quotes and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
When getting car insurance quotes online, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where an insured cut collision coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)