Save on 2016 Audi A3 Car Insurance Cost
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 5, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest insurance rates for your Audi A3? Are you tired of trying to scrape together enough money to keep your car insured? You are in the same boat as many other consumers. There is such a variety of insurers to pick from, and even though it’s nice to be able to choose, it can be more difficult to find the best rates.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes periodically since prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the best price for A3 insurance on your last policy you can probably find a better rate quote now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because it’s time to teach you the things you must know in order to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Pricing cheaper protection can be fairly easy. If you have insurance now or are shopping for new coverage, you can learn to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Vehicle owners just need to understand the tricks to buy insurance online.
Car insurance discounts are available to reduce your rates
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Onboard Data Collection – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to scrutinize their driving habits by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- Life Insurance – Not all car insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better premium rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for buying a new policy before your current policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles on the same car insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Discount for Good Grades – Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy with one insurance company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
Large car insurance companies and their possible discounts are:
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, renewal discount, youthful driver, multi-policy, driver training, good student, and 55 and retired.
- MetLife has savings for defensive driver, good driver, multi-policy, claim-free, accident-free, and good student.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- AAA includes discounts for good student, AAA membership discount, multi-car, pay-in-full, education and occupation, and multi-policy.
- American Family may have discounts that include early bird, good driver, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, accident-free, and Steer into Savings.
- GEICO has discounts for anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, federal employee, military active duty, driver training, and air bags.
- State Farm may include discounts for safe vehicle, good student, student away at school, driver’s education, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and defensive driving training.
When quoting, ask all the companies how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your state. To choose car insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts, click here to view.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
First Step: Get free insurance coverage quotes
Comparing insurance coverage rates can be exhausting if you aren’t aware of the fastest way to get free quotes. You could waste time talking about coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you can stay home and use online quoting to get pricing more quickly.
Most of the best insurance companies belong to an insurance system where prospective buyers send in one quote, and every company then returns a price quote based on that data. This eliminates the need for form submissions to each individual insurance coverage company.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now click here (opens in new window).
The only drawback to using this type of form is you don’t know exactly the providers you want pricing from. So if you prefer to pick individual companies to compare prices, we put together a list of the cheapest insurance coverage companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
You can choose any of those ways to find more affodable coverage, but make darn sure you compare the exact same coverage information for each quote you get. If you have different coverage information it will be impossible to truly determine the lowest rate.
The Audi A3 insurance rate equation
Many things are considered when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more transparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors used by your company to calculate your rate level.
- Gender impacts costs – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. It does not mean women are better drivers. Women and men have accidents in similar percentages, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Male teenagers are most likely to cause an accident and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
- Combine and save – Lots of insurance companies give a discount to buyers that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Policy add-ons add up – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed but may not be useful. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea when buying your policy, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Frequent insurance claims increase rates – Auto insurance companies award the best rates to people who only file infrequent claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Premiums are affected by your credit score – Credit score will be a significant factor in determining premium rates. Insureds with excellent credit tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit. If your credit score could use some work, you could be paying less to insure your 2016 Audi A3 by improving your rating.
- Cheaper rates with safer cars – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safer cars help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates.
- Responsible drivers have lower rates – Having just one ticket can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have gotten license-revoking citations like reckless driving or DUI may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Driving without insurance coverage in place is against the law and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance expire. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
When buying coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2016 Audi A3?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is my 2016 Audi A3 covered for flood damage?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Information about specific coverages
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find typical coverages available from insurance companies.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Audi A3.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive protection – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as fire damage, damage from flooding and theft. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability coverages – This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged propery. Another option is a combined limit which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things like structural damage, bail bonds, attorney fees, repair costs for stationary objects and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Medical expense coverage – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for expenses such as prosthetic devices, rehabilitation expenses and nursing services. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision – This pays for damage to your A3 caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
In any little way, save everyday
When searching for cheaper auto insurance quotes, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to shop for 2016 Audi A3 insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest auto insurance. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
Cheaper 2016 Audi A3 insurance can be found both online and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies may not provide online quoting and many times these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
For more information, take a look at the articles below: