2015 Chevrolet Express Cargo Car Insurance Rates – 7 Ideas for Cheaper Quotes
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Dec 4, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Paying for pricey Chevrolet Express Cargo insurance can deplete your budget and require stricter spending habits. Companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate promote their brand names with TV and radio ads and it can be hard to see through the deception and do the work needed to find the best deal.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or need a new policy, you can use this information to reduce the price you pay while maintaining coverages. Choosing the best insurance company for you is not rocket science. Drivers just need to learn the proper methods to get comparison quotes online.
Low cost insurance quotes online
Shopping for lower insurance rates can be exhausting if you aren’t aware of the most efficient way. You can waste a lot of time driving to agents in your area, or you can utilize the web to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
The majority of car insurance companies participate in an industry program that enables customers to submit their information once, and each company returns a competitive quote based on that data. This system prevents you from having to do form submissions for every insurance company. To use this form to compare rates click here to open in new window.
The single downside to pricing coverage this way is buyers cannot specifically choose the insurers you want to price. So if you prefer to choose individual companies for rate comparison, we put together a list of low cost insurance companies in your area. Click to view list.
Whichever way you choose to compare rates, double check that you are using identical quote data for each quote you get. If you use different limits and deductibles on each one it will be impossible to make an equal comparison.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Do you qualify for these seven discounts?
Car insurance companies don’t list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains some of the best known and also the lesser-known car insurance savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- E-sign Discounts – Certain companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing on the internet.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote insurance for Express Cargo insurance depending on your car insurance provider.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate permit an accident without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn slightly better car insurancerates than normal.
- Student Discounts – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Larger car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including student driver, good student, 55 and older, teen driver, theft prevention, homeowners, and early bird.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple autos, good student, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, and defensive driving training.
- AAA may have discounts that include pay-in-full, multi-policy, good student, AAA membership discount, multi-car, and education and occupation.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for multi-car, new move discount, hybrid vehicle, newly married, new graduate, and multi-policy.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, online signing, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
Check with every company which credits you are entitled to. Discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. To see a list of insurers with discount rates, click here to view.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same auto insurance coverage
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Is my trailer covered?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Is my Chevy Express Cargo covered if I use it for business?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance policy specifics
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are typical coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 100/300/100 which means a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for claims like medical expenses, repair costs for stationary objects, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, court costs and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane and hail damage. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for expenses for prosthetic devices, pain medications and surgery. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Chevy Express Cargo.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Collision coverage covers damage to your Express Cargo caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as crashing into a building, driving through your garage door and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. You can also increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.