2015 BMW ActiveHybrid 7 Car Insurance Quotes – 8 Savings Tips
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 6, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Did you make the mistake of buying an underperforming, overpriced insurance policy? It’s a common feeling and many drivers have buyer’s remorse. Numerous auto insurance companies battle for your business, so it’s not easy to compare every insurer and get the best coverage at the lowest price
You should take the time to get comparison quotes before your next renewal because insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you think you had the lowest rates for ActiveHybrid 7 coverage on your last policy you may be paying too much now. You can find a lot of information about insurance on the web, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some proven techniques to save money.
Drivers save money with these eight money-saving discounts
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may find discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but a few need to be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Driver Safety – Passing a defensive driving class could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Club Memberships – Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount on car insurance.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds who allow their car insurance company to track where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
- E-sign Discounts – A few larger online companies will give a small break for signing up on the web.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% for ActiveHybrid 7 coverage with a few car insurance companies.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply the the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
Larger car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, accident-free, passive restraint, and driver’s education.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include multi-policy, exclusive group savings, new graduate, new vehicle discount, and newly married.
- American Family may offer discounts for good driver, mySafetyValet, early bird, TimeAway discount, and defensive driver.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for mature driver, good student, business and professional, homeowner, and pay in full.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including mature driver, paperless, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and air bags.
- SAFECO has discounts for bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, multi-car, homeowner, drive less, and anti-theft.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company how you can save money. Discounts may not apply in your area. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above, click this link.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions may help you determine if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Specific coverage details
Learning about specific coverages of your policy aids in choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are the normal coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your BMW ActiveHybrid 7.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as a broken windshield, falling objects, rock chips in glass and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your ActiveHybrid 7 caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things like hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox, sideswiping another vehicle and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as funeral costs, X-ray expenses, hospital visits, ambulance fees and doctor visits. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged propery. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against things such as attorney fees, emergency aid and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Have money to burn
More affordable auto insurance is possible online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies do not offer online quoting and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We covered many tips how you can lower your 2015 BMW ActiveHybrid 7 insurance car insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting cheap insurance. You may be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates come from a lesser-known regional company. These companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
When shopping online for auto insurance, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, someone dropped full coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)