2015 Audi R8 Insurance Cost – 7 Policy Discounts
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Apr 5, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for the cheapest car insurance rates for your Audi R8? Are you sick and tired of wondering where the money will come from to pay car insurance each month? You’re in the same situation as the majority of other vehicle owners. Due to the increasing number of different company options, it is hard for the average consumer to choose the most cost effective insurance company.
It’s a great practice to do price comparisons periodically because car insurance prices change regularly. If you had the lowest rate on R8 coverage at your last renewal you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the fastest and easiest way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Finding the best rates is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have a current insurance coverage policy or are shopping for new coverage, you can follow these tips to cut your premiums while maintaining coverages. Consumers just need to understand the best way to compare price quotes online.
Are you earning every discount?
Some insurers don’t always advertise every policy discount very well, so we researched some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Audi could earn cheaper rates.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but companies like Allstate and State Farm will let one accident slide without raising rates if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Mature Driver Discount – Mature drivers are able to get a small discount on rates on R8 coverage.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote insurance on R8 coverage with some insurance companies.
Don’t be shocked that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- Esurance may have discounts that include homeowner, renters, claim free, online shopper, defensive driver, anti-theft, and safety device.
- The Hartford offers discounts for defensive driver, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, air bag, and driver training.
- AAA may offer discounts for education and occupation, good driver, multi-policy, good student, pay-in-full, anti-theft, and AAA membership discount.
- GEICO has savings for multi-vehicle, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- State Farm offers discounts including anti-theft, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, passive restraint, and accident-free.
If you are trying to find the cheapest insurance quotes, ask each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Savings may not apply to policies everywhere.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rate quotes utilizes the fact car insurance companies pay for the opportunity to give rate comparisons. All you need to do is provide details like how you use your vehicles, the ages of drivers, your job, and how much school you completed. That information is then submitted to many highly-rated insurers and you should receive rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
When in doubt talk to an agent
When choosing coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions might point out whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance coverage breakdown
Knowing the specifics of your policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are the normal coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hail damage, a broken windshield, theft and hitting a bird. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Audi R8.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses like EMT expenses, surgery, dental work and funeral costs. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Auto liability insurance – Liability coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged propery.
Liability coverage pays for claims like bail bonds, medical services, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision – This coverage pays for damage to your R8 resulting from a collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things like colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a ditch and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Make a quick buck
As you quote insurance, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
We just presented a lot of information how to reduce 2015 Audi R8 insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote insurance, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the most savings is with a small mutual company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
Additional detailed information is located at these sites:
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)