2015 Audi A3 Car Insurance Rates – 7 Tricks for Cheapest Quotes
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 5, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Nobody I know gets a kick out of paying for car insurance, particularly when the cost is too high. Popular companies such as GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm constantly bombard you with catchy ads and it is difficult to see through the deception and take the time to shop coverage around.
Cheap insurance rates with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not even know about. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but a few must be manually applied before you will receive the discount. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Government Employee Discount – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% on A3 coverage with certain companies.
- Onboard Data Collection – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to analyze driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on insurance coverage quote as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some companies provide a discount for signing up prior to your current policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get a small decrease in premiums on A3 coverage.
- Life Insurance Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Larger insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm has savings for anti-theft, good student, multiple autos, accident-free, and student away at school.
- American Family may have discounts that include air bags, accident-free, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, and TimeAway discount.
- GEICO may offer discounts for five-year accident-free, air bags, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, and multi-vehicle.
- 21st Century offers discounts including 55 and older, student driver, driver training, teen driver, defensive driver, automatic seat belts, and air bags.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, and online signing.
When quoting, ask every prospective company the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in every state. If you would like to view providers with significant discounts, click this link.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When buying proper insurance coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Who is covered when they drive my 2015 Audi A3?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Insurance coverages and their meanings
Learning about specific coverages of insurance can be of help when determining the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find typical coverage types available from insurance companies.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a bird, fire damage, theft and damage from flooding. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. It protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged propery. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things like legal defense fees, structural damage and medical services. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as scraping a guard rail, sustaining damage from a pot hole, driving through your garage door, rolling your car and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your 2015 Audi A3.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Normally these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills for chiropractic care, surgery, hospital visits and EMT expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
And the best car insurance company is…
Cheaper 2015 Audi A3 insurance can be sourced online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote insurance coverage with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies work with local independent agents.
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to shop for 2015 Audi A3 insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where someone dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
More information is available below: