2014 BMW M6 Gran Coupe Car Insurance Cost – 10 Tips for Cheaper Prices
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jul 14, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to come up with a payment for overpriced insurance coverage can bottom out your checking account and force you to cut corners elsewhere. Doing a rate analysis can be a smart way to make ends meet.
Having so many choices of insurance companies, it can be diffult for drivers to choose the most cost effective insurance coverage company.
You need to compare rates occasionally because rates are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the lowest rate on M6 Gran Coupe insurance six months ago you can probably find a better price now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance coverage because you’re going to get a crash course in the only way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Finding affordable coverage is not rocket science. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using these methods. Drivers only need to know the most efficient way to compare prices online.
Save a ton by taking advantage of these ten discounts
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but there could be significant discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease on M6 Gran Coupe insurance but check with your company.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles can earn better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multiple Cars – Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks with the same auto insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who stay claim-free pay much less when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Professional Organizations – Being in a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for auto insurance.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a defensive driving class could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Student in College – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from home and don’t have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for safe driver, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, driver training, multi-policy, and renewal discount.
- MetLife offers discounts for multi-policy, good driver, claim-free, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- Progressive has discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, and online quote discount.
- AAA has savings for anti-theft, multi-car, AAA membership discount, good student, pay-in-full, multi-policy, and education and occupation.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including bundled insurance, defensive driver, good driver, early bird, TimeAway discount, and air bags.
- GEICO includes discounts for five-year accident-free, air bags, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, federal employee, and emergency military deployment.
- State Farm discounts include defensive driving training, passive restraint, anti-theft, safe vehicle, accident-free, driver’s education, and multiple autos.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent the best way to save money. Some credits may not be offered in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of auto insurance companies with the best auto insurance discounts, follow this link.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How much insurance coverage do I need?
When it comes to choosing coverage for your vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. These are some specific questions can help discover whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 2014 BMW M6 Gran Coupe to commute?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Insurance coverage options for a BMW M6 Gran Coupe
Understanding the coverages of insurance helps when choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are the usual coverages available from insurance companies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your BMW M6 Gran Coupe.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses like rehabilitation expenses, EMT expenses, X-ray expenses and prosthetic devices. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This coverage can cover damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see liability limits of 100/300/100 which means a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as pain and suffering, emergency aid, loss of income and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things such as crashing into a building, colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with another moving vehicle and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like falling objects, a broken windshield, damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The most your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
One last thing about your coverage
Lower-priced 2014 BMW M6 Gran Coupe insurance can be bought from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not provide price quotes online and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We’ve covered a lot of ways to save on 2014 BMW M6 Gran Coupe insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting affordable insurance. Drivers may discover the best premium rates are with a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)