Cheaper 2014 Audi SQ5 Insurance Quotes
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 21, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want cheaper auto insurance rates for your Audi SQ5? No car owner likes buying auto insurance, especially when they could find better rates elsewhere. Many insurance companies vie for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates and uncover the absolute cheapest price
If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these tips to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Buying car insurance is easy if you know what you’re doing. Consumers just need to understand how to shop for insurance coverage over the internet.
How to buy insurance online
Finding a lower price on 2014 Audi SQ5 insurance is pretty simple and can save money. All you need to do is take a few minutes to get quotes to find the company with inexpensive insurance coverage quotes. It’s super easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The most efficient method to get quotes for comparison would be an industry-wide quote request form (click to open form in new window). This easy form keeps you from doing repetitive form submissions for every company. A single form will return quotes direct from many companies.
- A slightly less efficient method to shop for insurance online requires you to visit the website for each individual company and complete a new quote form. For instance, we’ll pretend you want to see prices from State Farm, Esurance and American Family. You would be required to go to each individual site and enter your information, which is why first method is reommended. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The final way to shop rates is making phone calls or going to insurance agents’ offices. Comparing online rate quotes reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you’re the type of person who wants the extra assistance of a local agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to price shop your coverage online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
You can use whichever method you prefer to find lower rates, just make sure you use identical coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote you get. If you use different deductibles it will be next to impossible to make an equal comparison.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Discounts can really help to save
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list all disounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy insurance coverage online.
- Driving Data Discount – People who choose to allow their auto insurance company to study driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home can help you save on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Theft Deterent – Cars with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraints – Options like air bags can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Distant Student – Older children living away from home attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model is cheaper because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on insurance coverage quote as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will cut your policy premium.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide include:
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, and online signing.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, defensive driver, membership and employees, multi-policy, and federal employee.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including safe vehicle, defensive driving training, good driver, anti-theft, and passive restraint.
- Esurance includes discounts for good student, anti-lock brakes, Switch & Save, safety device, and claim free.
- The Hartford offers discounts including vehicle fuel type, driver training, defensive driver, good student, anti-theft, bundle, and air bag.
Check with each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Discounts might not apply in every state. To see a list of insurance companies that offer discounts, click this link.
Will just any policy work for me?
When buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions may help you determine whether you might need professional guidance.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2014 Audi SQ5?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Lower insurance rates with these tips
Multiple criteria are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.It’s important that you understand some of the factors that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower insurance prices.
- Being married reduces risk – Being married may save some money on insurance. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more responsible and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- High premiums for younger drivers – More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Drivers with little experience are statistically proven to be easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates.
- Do you really need the incidental coverages? – Insurance companies have many additional coverages you can purchase if you aren’t diligent. Coverages for roadside assistance, high-cost glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem good initially, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them from your policy.
- Raising deductibles saves money – Physical damage deductibles define how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and having a roll-over accident. The more damage repair cost you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance for SQ5 coverage.
- Don’t let your policy lapse – Going without insurance can be a quick way to increase your insurance rates. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you a steep fine or even jail time. You may then be required to file a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
- Insurance prices and driver gender – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Both genders are responsible for fender benders at about the same rate, but males have costlier accidents. They also get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Young males tend to get in the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
- Save money by having excellent credit – Having a bad credit score will be a significant factor in determining what you pay for insurance. People with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with bad credit. If your credit rating could use some work, you could pay less to insure your 2014 Audi SQ5 by repairing your credit.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Specific coverage details
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find the usual coverages available from insurance companies.
Auto liability insurance
This can cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims like legal defense fees, loss of income, medical expenses, bail bonds and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for bills for nursing services, hospital visits, chiropractic care and surgery. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, rock chips in glass and vandalism. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your SQ5 caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like hitting a parking meter, rolling your car and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Buy online or local, you save
Budget-conscious 2014 Audi SQ5 insurance can be purchased both online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not offer price quotes online and many times these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents.
We just presented a lot of ways to lower your 2014 Audi SQ5 insurance auto insurance rates. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting affordable insurance coverage. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
For more information, take a look at the resources below: