Compare 2013 Audi RS 5 Insurance Quotes
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Nov 14, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest car insurance rates for your Audi RS 5? Tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul to buy car insurance? Your situation is no different than most other drivers.
Big companies like Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm promote their brand names with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and find the best price available.
Don’t miss these rate-reducing discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help bring down the price. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but occassionally some discounts must be specially asked for before being credited. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a deployed family member can result in better prices.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new car can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a defensive driving course could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less could earn better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with one company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get a slight reduction on a car insurance quote on RS 5 insurance.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To view insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts, click this link.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How to get free insurance coverage quotes online
Effectively comparing insurance coverage prices can be a lot of work if you don’t understand the most efficient way to do it. You can waste a lot of time talking about coverages with insurance agencies in your area, or you can stay home and use the internet to maximize your effort.
Most major companies are enrolled in a marketplace where insurance shoppers enter their policy data once, and each company then returns a price quote for coverage. This prevents consumers from doing quote forms to each individual insurance coverage company. To participate in this free quote system, click here to start a free quote.
One minor caviat to doing it this way is you are unable to specify which providers to get pricing from. So if you prefer to pick individual companies to compare rates, we have a page of insurance coverage companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
It’s up to you which method you use, but be sure to compare exactly the same coverages with each company. If each company quotes mixed coverages it will be very difficult to determine the best price for your Audi RS 5. Slightly different insurance coverages could throw off the whole comparison. And when price shopping your coverage, comparing more company’s prices increases the change that you will find the best offered rates. Some smaller insurers to not give online price quotes, so you also need to get price estimates from those companies as well.
Eight things that affect your insurance prices
Many factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but other criteria are more obscure such as your credit history or your commute time.One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that aid in calculating the price you pay for insurance. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that may result in lower rates.
The itemized list below are a few of the things used by companies to determine your rates.
- Save miles driven and save money – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the more you will pay for insurance. The majority of insurers calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that are left in the garage receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. Having an incorrect usage rating on your RS 5 may be costing you higher rates. It’s a smart idea to ensure your insurance policy shows annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Do you know your comp and collision deductibles? – Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your Audi. Examples of some claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. Physical damage deductibles define how much you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more expense you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance on RS 5 insurance.
- Policy add-ons may be wasting money – There are many extra bells and whistles that can waste your money if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for coverage for rental cars, better glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
- Big city or small town – Being located in a small town has it’s advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident and lower theft and vandalism rates. People who live in big cities have to deal with more auto accidents and higher rates of accident claims. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Poor credit can mean higher costs – Having a good credit score is likely to be a major factor in your rate calculation. If your credit is not that good, you could pay less to insure your 2013 Audi RS 5 by improving your rating. Insureds that have high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have poor credit.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Careers like judges, social workers and miners tend to have higher rates than average because of high stress levels and lengthy work days. On the flip side, careers like professors, students and retirees get better rates on RS 5 insurance.
- Reserve insurance claims for larger damages – Insurance companies award discounts to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Vehicles with better crash test results means cheaper insurance – Safe vehicles cost less to insure. Safer cars reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions can help discover if you will benefit from professional help.
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2013 Audi RS 5?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- What is the ISO rating for a 2013 Audi RS 5?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Drivers who switch save $475 a year? Really?
Big name companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive continually stream television, radio, and online ads. All the ads make the same claim about how much you will save just by moving your policy. That’s great but how can every company charge you less for car insurance? This is how they do it.
Insurance companies provide the lowest rates for the type of driver they prefer to insure. For instance, a profitable insured could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, has a low-risk occupation, and insures a new vehicle. Anybody who fits that profile receives the best premium rates as well as save some money.
Potential customers who don’t measure up to this ideal profile may be forced to pay higher premium rates which results in the customer buying from a different company. If you listen to the ad wording, they say “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much when switching. This is how insurance companies can confidently make those claims. Each company has different criteria, so you need to do a quote comparison often. It is impossible to guess which company will have the best premium rates for your profile.
What insurance coverages do you need?
Understanding the coverages of insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find the normal coverages offered by insurance companies.
Collision coverage – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like damaging your car on a curb, rolling your car, hitting a mailbox, driving through your garage door and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Insurance for medical payments – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for expenses for X-ray expenses, prosthetic devices and EMT expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This coverage gives you protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Audi RS 5.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Auto liability – This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims like medical expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as vandalism, falling objects, damage from getting keyed and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Summing up your auto insurance search
We covered a lot of tips how to shop for 2013 Audi RS 5 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates come from a lesser-known regional company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Cost effective 2013 Audi RS 5 insurance can be bought on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies don’t offer online rate quotes and these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found in these articles: