Cheap 2012 BMW 6 Series Insurance Cost
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Mar 5, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest auto insurance rates for your BMW 6 Series? Are you drained from sacrificing other expenses to insure your BMW every month? You are no different than many other drivers.
Insurance companies such as GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive increase brand awareness with TV and radio ads and it is difficult to ignore the propoganda and find the best price available.
It’s a good habit to take a look at other company’s rates once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the best rates for 6 Series insurance last year you may be paying too much now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding auto insurance on the internet, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some of the best techniques to stop overpaying for insurance.
How much is auto insurance?
There are a variety of methods to shop for auto insurance, but one way is less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can waste hours talking to insurance agencies in your area, or you can utilize online quoting to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Many of the larger companies are enrolled in a marketplace that enables customers to submit one quote, and at least one company then gives them pricing. This system prevents you from having to do quote requests for each company.
To compare rates now click here to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to using this type of system is you are unable to specify which insurance companies you will receive quotes from. If you would rather choose individual companies to request quotes from, we have assembled a list of auto insurance companies in your area. Click to view list.
Whichever way you choose to compare rates, be sure to compare equivalent coverage limits and deductibles on every quote. If each company quotes different data it will be impossible to find the best deal for your BMW 6 Series. Even a minor difference in insurance coverages or limits may cause a big price difference. Just keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates helps increase your odds of locating more affordable rates.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance coverage companies offer many types of discounts
Some providers do not list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course in school.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Online Discount – Some larger companies provide a small discount just for signing your application on the internet.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their insurance quote for 6 Series insurance compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote insurance for 6 Series insurance with select insurance companies.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies with the same company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on insurance quote in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
As a sidenote, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut your premiums.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford may include discounts for bundle, air bag, anti-theft, driver training, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for good driver, type of vehicle, age of vehicle, location of vehicle, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may have discounts that include defensive driver, membership and employees, federal employee, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- AAA discounts include AAA membership discount, good student, pay-in-full, education and occupation, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for driver’s education, multiple autos, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, and safe vehicle.
If you want affordable insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in every state. To choose insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts, click here.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Who is covered when they drive my 2012 BMW 6 Series?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Is my 2012 BMW 6 Series covered for flood damage?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area.
Buy lower-cost insurance coverage with these tips
Part of the insurance coverage buying process is learning the different types of things that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in big savings.
The items below are just a few of the factors used by your company to calculate rates.
- Lower rates for safer vehicles – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. These vehicles reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates. If your BMW 6 Series is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Bump up comp and collision deductibles to lower rates – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be collision with another vehicle, fire damage, or theft of your vehicle. The larger the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your company will charge you for insurance for 6 Series insurance.
- Bad credit will cost you – An insured’s credit score factor in calculating your premium rate. Drivers who have good credit tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit rating is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2012 BMW 6 Series by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – Insurance policies have a lot of add-on coverages that can add up on your insurance coverage policy. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, towing coverage, and motor club memberships are examples of these. The coverages may be enticing at first, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate them to save money.
- Discounts for theft deterrents – Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can save you some money. Theft prevention features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent vehicle theft.
- Your job can affect rates – Occupations such as real estate brokers, architects and emergency personnel generally have the highest average rates attributed to intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, occupations like farmers, students and homemakers get better rates for 6 Series insurance.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – If you file claims often, you should expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies give most affordable rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Insurance coverage rates and age – Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, cause fewer claims and accidents and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Drivers with little experience tend to be easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore insurance coverage rates are much higher.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Parts of your car insurance policy
Having a good grasp of car insurance aids in choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find the normal coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your BMW 6 Series.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as rock chips in glass, hail damage, a broken windshield, damage from a tornado or hurricane and falling objects. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses like ambulance fees, prosthetic devices and hospital visits. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Liability car insurance
This can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged propery. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for things such as loss of income, funeral expenses and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, backing into a parked car, crashing into a building, hitting a mailbox and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
One last thing about your coverage
You just learned some good ideas how to save on 2012 BMW 6 Series insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote insurance, the better likelihood of getting cheap insurance. You may even discover the best rates are with a lesser-known regional company. They often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
A few companies do not provide online quoting and these regional carriers sell through local independent agents. Budget-friendly insurance coverage can be sourced online and with local insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection.
Additional insurance coverage information can be found at these links: