How Much Does 2012 BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo Insurance Cost?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 5, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper car insurance rates for your BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo? Finding cheaper insurance for a new or used BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo could be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks to make it easier.
There is a better way to compare car insurance rates and we’ll show you the proper way to quote coverages for a new or used BMW and locate the lowest price from local insurance agents and online providers.
It’s smart to compare premium rates before your next renewal because prices change frequently. Even if you think you had the best rates on 5 Series Gran Turismo insurance at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. Don’t believe everything you read about car insurance on the internet, but we’re going to give you some of the best techniques to lower your car insurance rates.
How to buy insurance coverage online
The majority of larger companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive provide pricing direct online. Getting online rates is fairly straightforward as you simply type in as requested by the quote form. Upon sending the form, their system automatically orders your driving record and credit report and quotes a price determined by many factors.
Online price quotes helps simplify price comparisons, but the time it takes to visit each company’s website and repetitively complete many quote forms can get tiresome after awhile. But it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step in order to get better prices.
There is a better way to compare rates
A quicker way to locate the lowest prices is to use a quote form that gets price quotes from more than one company. It’s a real time-saver, requires much less work on your part, and makes online price comparison much more efficient. After sending your information, it is rated and you are able to buy any one of the returned quotes.
If a lower price is quoted, you can click and sign and buy the new coverage. The whole process takes just a few minutes to complete and may result in a nice savings.
To find out what other companies charge, click here to open in a new tab and complete the simple form. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you duplicate as shown on your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will get rate quotes using the same coverage and limits.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Discounts for lower-cost auto insurance rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain reductions will be credited at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before you will receive the discount. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying coverage for all your vehicles with the same auto insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Cautious Drivers – Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates on 5 Series Gran Turismo insurance as compared to drivers with claims.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- Military Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower auto insurance rates.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts compared to frequent claim filers.
- Low Miles Discount – Low mileage vehicles could earn discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a course in defensive driving could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
Large auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- GEICO has discounts for air bags, membership and employees, good student, military active duty, and anti-theft.
- MetLife may have discounts that include claim-free, good student, good driver, defensive driver, multi-policy, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Travelers may include discounts for student away at school, multi-policy, hybrid/electric vehicle, continuous insurance, save driver, and home ownership.
- SAFECO discounts include anti-theft, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, drive less, and multi-car.
- AAA includes discounts for multi-car, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good student, pay-in-full, good driver, and anti-theft.
If you are trying to find affordable auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some credits might not apply in your state. To find insurers with discount auto insurance rates, click here.
Tailor your insurance coverage coverage to you
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Smart buyers can lower insurance rates
Lots of factors are considered when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, although some other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that aid in calculating your premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get better car insurance rates.
Listed below are a few of the things used by your company to calculate prices.
- Youthful drivers cost more – Older insureds have been proven to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure , and are generally more financially stable.Teenage drivers are proven to be easily distracted when behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Premiums are affected by your address – Choosing to live in less populated areas of the country is a good thing when it comes to car insurance. People in densly populated areas have more traffic problems and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Cheaper to insure gals? – Statistics demonstrate that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Females and males cause auto accidents at a similar rate, but the men get into accidents with more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also have more aggressive citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Lower prices with continuous car insurance coverage – Driving any period of time without insurance is illegal and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage can result in a revoked license or a big fine.
- Mileage impacts costs – The higher the miles on your BMW every year the more you will pay for car insurance. A lot of companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use cost less to insure than those used for commuting. An incorrectly rated 5 Series Gran Turismo is throwing money out the window. It’s always a good idea to double check that your declarations sheet states the correct usage, because it can save money.
- Married people drive safer – Having a spouse can actually save you money on your policy. Marriage usually means you are more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Auto insurance coverage basics
Having a good grasp of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for things like doctor visits, funeral costs, X-ray expenses, nursing services and prosthetic devices. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance covers damage to your 5 Series Gran Turismo from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims such as crashing into a building, damaging your car on a curb, hitting a parking meter, colliding with a tree and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Auto liability insurance
This protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property that is your fault. It protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and emergency aid. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as rock chips in glass, damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Best coverage at the best price
You just learned many tips how you can reduce 2012 BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo insurance premium rates online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest auto insurance. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance coverage comes from an unexpected company.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where someone dropped full coverage only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, not issuing a premium refund, questionable increases in premium and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new insurance coverage company is less work than it seems.