2012 Audi Q7 Insurance Rates
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 5, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you sick and tired of paying out the nose to insure your Audi every month? You’re in the same situation as most other consumers. Consumers have many car insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, it makes it harder to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
The quickest way to compare rate quotes is to take advantage of the fact most insurance companies participate in online systems to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is give the companies some data such as your credit rating estimate, if the car is leased, whether you are married, and which vehicles you own. The rating information is instantly sent to insurance carriers in your area and they respond with quotes immediately.
Do you qualify for discount insurance?
Some insurance providers don’t list every possible discount very well, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common and the more hidden ways to save on insurance. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Student Discounts – Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% on Q7 coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with the same company you may earn up to 20% off your total premium.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Passing a safe driver course is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you lower insurancerates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow their company to study driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
As a sidenote, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Large insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including annual mileage, type of vehicle, good student, location of vehicle, anti-theft, multi-car, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, distant student, bundle discounts, and youthful driver.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for multi-policy, good student, renewal discount, driver training, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm may include discounts for defensive driving training, accident-free, safe vehicle, good driver, multiple policy, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Allstate offers discounts including premier discount, FullPay discount, new car, farm vehicle, anti-theft, defensive driver, and EZ pay plan discount.
- GEICO has savings for five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and federal employee.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in your area. To locate providers with discount rates, click this link.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
What insurance coverages do I need?
When choosing the best insurance coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- How many claims can I have before being cancelled?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
The coverage is in the details
Having a good grasp of auto insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverage types available from auto insurance companies.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see values of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged propery. Occasionally you may see a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims like emergency aid, loss of income, medical services, funeral expenses and attorney fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things such as hitting a mailbox, hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
This will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as damage from flooding, hitting a bird, hail damage and vandalism. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for bills for prosthetic devices, funeral costs, EMT expenses, doctor visits and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Audi Q7.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
More quotes mean more savings
More affordable insurance coverage is available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote car insurance with both to have the best selection. A few companies may not provide online quoting and many times these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agents.
We just presented a lot of techniques to shop for 2012 Audi Q7 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may discover the best rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
When buying insurance coverage, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
To learn more, link through to the resources below: