Lower Your 2012 Audi A4 Car Insurance Quotes
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 5, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Did you come to the realization that you have an expensive insurance coverage policy? Don’t sweat it because you’re not alone. Multiple car insurance companies compete for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a company and uncover the absolute cheapest price
Consumers need to compare premium rates once or twice a year because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the best deal on A4 coverage a few years ago you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance coverage because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the easiest ways to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Components of your Audi A4 insurance rates
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, although others are less apparent like where you live or your commute time.
Shown below are some of the things used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
- Better insurance rates on safer cars – Safer cars get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Prevent insurance lapses – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a fast way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Don’t skimp on liability coverage – Liability insurance will afford coverage if you are responsible for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides for a legal defense to defend your case. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Poor driving leads to higher premiums – How you drive impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Having a single chargable violation can increase the cost of insurance to the point where it’s not affordable. Careful drivers have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find that they have to to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive.
- Get better rates if married – Being married may save some money when buying insurance. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Prices may be lower depending on your employer – Do you work in a high-stress field? Jobs such as doctorsair traffic controllers and dentists are shown to have higher rates than average because of job stress and lengthy work days. On the flip side, careers such as farmers, athletes and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average on A4 coverage.
- Reserve policy claims for larger damages – Car insurance companies generally give most affordable rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce insurance rates – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Advanced theft deterrents like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all aid in stopping auto theft and help lower rates.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
First Step: Get free car insurance quotes
Reducing your 2012 Audi A4 insurance rates is not rocket science. All you need to do is take a few minutes to get quotes online with multiple companies. Price comparisons can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- One of the simplest ways to find low rates is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This easy form prevents you from having to do multiple quote forms for every prospective company. In just a few minutes this one form will return price quotes from all major companies.
- A harder way to shop for car insurance online is spending the time to visit the website of each company to request a price quote. For instance, let’s assume you want rates from USAA, 21st Century and State Farm. You would be required to go to each individual site to enter the same coverage data repeatedly, which is why first method is reommended. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
- The last way to get price estimates is driving to each insurance agency near you. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you want the peace of mind that only an agent can give. If you prefer, some companies allow you to price shop online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
You can use whichever method you prefer to find lower rates, just be certain you are entering the exact same quote data for each price quote. If the quotes have different liability limits you can’t possibly decipher which rate is best.
Is there deception in advertising?
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads for the lowest price car insurance by Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads try to convey promises that people will save just by switching your car insurance coverage to their company.
How is it plausible that every one can save you money? It’s all in the wording.
Companies quote the lowest rates for the right customer that will generate a profit. For instance, a preferred risk might be described as over the age of 50, has never had a claim, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. Anybody who matches that profile will probably get the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates if they switch.
People who do not fit the ideal profile will be charged a more expensive rate with the end result being business not being written. The trick companies use is to say “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” can save as much as they claim. This is how insurance companies can state the savings.
That is why drivers must do a price quote comparison at every renewal. It’s just too difficult to predict the company that will be your best fit.
Find hidden discounts to get affordable insurance quotes
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be available discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but once in a while a discount must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner can save you money because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Defensive Driver – Taking time to complete a defensive driver course could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Government Employee Discount – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease on A4 coverage depending on your insurance provider.
- Student Discounts – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who agree to allow companies to study where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with multiple cars with the same insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
Don’t be surprised that many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will help reduce your overall bill.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts are:
- State Farm offers discounts for defensive driving training, student away at school, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, and anti-theft.
- American Family offers discounts including TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, good student, defensive driver, bundled insurance, and mySafetyValet.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-car, multi-policy, good driver, good student, pay-in-full, education and occupation, and anti-theft.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-theft, military active duty, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, defensive driver, and emergency military deployment.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for multi-policy, good student, age of vehicle, accident-free, anti-theft, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including youthful driver, business and professional, electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, homeowner, and multi-car.
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, online signing, and multi-policy.
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above, follow this link.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Car insurance coverages and their meanings
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find typical coverages available from car insurance companies.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Audi A4.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Most of the time these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Comprehensive car insurance
Comprehensive insurance covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as rock chips in glass, falling objects, vandalism and hail damage. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims like bail bonds, repair costs for stationary objects, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, emergency aid and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as large an amount as possible.
This pays for damage to your A4 from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as colliding with a tree, colliding with another moving vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole, rolling your car and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for bills for things like prosthetic devices, rehabilitation expenses and ambulance fees. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
A penny earned…
When searching for affordable car insurance quotes, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost.
Low-cost 2012 Audi A4 insurance can be found both online in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not have rate quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
Even more information is available in the articles below:
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)