2009 BMW X5 Car Insurance Rates
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: May 27, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for the cheapest car insurance rates? Consumers have a choice when looking for the lowest priced BMW X5 insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or use the internet to find the lowest rates. There are more efficient ways to shop for car insurance so you’re going to learn the best way to price shop coverage for your BMW and find the cheapest rates from both online companies and local agents.
It’s smart to compare prices occasionally due to the fact that insurance prices are constantly changing. Just because you found the best rate for X5 insurance two years ago you will most likely find a better premium rate today. There is a lot of bad information regarding car insurance online, but you can learn some proven techniques to slash your car insurance rates.
Compare free insurance quotes
Many insurance companies make it easy to get prices for coverage directly from their websites. Getting online quotes is easy for anyone as all you need to do is type in the coverage amounts you desire on the page. Upon sending the form, the company’s rating system automatically retrieves your driving record and credit report and generates pricing information based on the information you submitted.
Online quotes makes it easy to compare insurance prices but the time required to go to several different sites and type in the same data can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it’s also necessary to get many rate quotes in order to get the lowest price.
A less time-consuming method to get multiple rate quotes makes use of a single form that gets prices from several companies at one time. This type of form saves time, eliminates form submissions, and makes online price comparison much easier to do. After sending your information, your coverage is rated and you can choose any of the quotes that you receive. If the quotes result in lower rates, you can simply submit the application and purchase coverage. It only takes a few minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
If you want to compare pricing, click here and input your coverage information. To compare your current rates, we recommend that you enter the coverages as shown on your current policy. This guarantees you are getting a fair comparison for exact coverage.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Find discounts on auto insurance
Auto insurance can be pricey, but there could be available discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain credits will be shown at the time of quoting, but some need to be manually applied prior to receiving the credit. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Seniors may receive a slight reduction on a car insurance quote for X5 insurance.
- Own a Home and Save – Just being a homeowner can get you a discount because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Claim-Free Discount – Good drivers with no accidents pay less in comparison to bad drivers.
- Membership in Organizations – Participating in certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on auto insurance.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Multi-line Discount – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Low Mileage – Low annual miles could earn cheaper rates.
- Distant Student – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Popular auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include good student, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, and federal employee.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for student away at school, payment discounts, good student, early quote, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for good student, business or organization, easy pay, multi-policy, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include bundle discounts, business and professional, homeowner, youthful driver, and mature driver.
- Esurance may include discounts for renters, multi-policy, online shopper, anti-lock brakes, DriveSense, and safety device.
- State Farm offers discounts for accident-free, driver’s education, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, good student, Drive Safe & Save, and good driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including age of vehicle, multi-car, annual mileage, accident-free, good driver, and location of vehicle.
If you want cheaper car insurance quotes, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in every state. To find providers who offer online auto insurance quotes, click here to view.
Tailor your insurance coverage coverage to you
When it comes to buying coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my BMW X5 covered if I use it for business?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Car insurance policy specifics
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Coverage for collisions
This pays for damage to your X5 caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things like crashing into a ditch, scraping a guard rail, colliding with another moving vehicle and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a bird, vandalism, damage from a tornado or hurricane and hitting a deer. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses like pain medications, prosthetic devices, nursing services, dental work and X-ray expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Liability insurance will cover damage that occurs to other people or property that is your fault. It protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like structural damage, medical services, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, court costs and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
This gives you protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your BMW X5.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.