2009 Audi S8 Insurance Cost
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 5, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want lower car insurance rates for your Audi S8? Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an expensive car insurance policy? Trust us, many consumers are in the same pinch. People have multiple insurers to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to have multiple companies, it makes it harder to get the best deal.
How you can control Audi S8 insurance costs
Lots of things are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but other factors are less obvious like where you live and annual miles driven.
- Lower comp and collision deductibles cost more – The deductibles you choose define the amount you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, aka comp and collision, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a stationary object, hail damage, and having a roll-over accident. The larger the amount you have to pay, the lower your rates will be on S8 coverage.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher rates – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a sure-fire way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- How do annual miles impact costs? – Driving a lot of miles in a year the higher your rate. A lot of companies charge rates based on their usage. Vehicles that do not get driven very much can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Make sure your car insurance policy properly reflects the proper vehicle usage. Having the wrong rating on your S8 may be costing you higher rates.
- Marriage can save on car insurance – Getting married can actually save you money when shopping for car insurance. Marriage usually means you are more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Compare free auto insurance quotes
Finding a lower price on 2009 Audi S8 insurance is not a difficult process. All that’s required is to spend a few minutes to compare free insurance coverage quotes to see which company has low cost insurance coverage quotes. This can be accomplished by following the guidelines below.
- If you don’t have a lot of time, the easiest way to find low rates would be an industry-wide quote request form (click to open form in new window). This type of form saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions for every auto insurance company. One form gets coverage cost estimates direct from many companies.
- A slightly less efficient method to find lower rates is spending the time to visit the website for every company you want to comare and complete a new quote form. For example, let’s say you want to compare rates from State Farm, Esurance and Allstate. To get each rate you have to spend time on each company’s site to enter the same coverage data repeatedly, which is not fast way to get rate quotes. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
- The least efficient method to comparison shop is to waste gas driving to and from local insurance agencies. Buying insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional assistance of a local agent. Some companies do allow you to comparison shop your insurance online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
Whichever way you use, do your best to enter apples-to-apples coverage data with every price quote. If you are comparing different values for each quote you will not be able to truly determine the lowest rate.
Drivers who switch save $406 a year? Really?
Consumers can’t escape the ads for car insurance savings by Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies have a common claim that you can save after switching your car insurance coverage to their company.
How does each company claim to save you money? It’s all in how they say it.
Most companies quote their cheapest rates for a prospective insured that earns them the most money. For example, a driver they prefer may be between 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and drives a safe vehicle. Someone who fits those characteristics will get a cheap rate quote and will cut their rates if they switch.
Potential customers who are not a match for this stringent profile will be charged a higher premium and the customer not purchasing. The trick is to say “drivers that switch” not “all people who quote” save money. That is how companies can make claims like that.
Because of the profiling, you need to compare price quotes frequently. It’s just not possible to know with any certainty which company will have the lowest rates for your situation.
Get lower-cost auto insurance with discounts
Some insurers do not advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy insurance coverage online. If you’re not getting every credit available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with slightly better rates than normal.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow companies to analyze their driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags can get savings as much as 30%.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky. Any amount of discount will lower your auto insurance premiums.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts include:
- 21st Century includes discounts for good student, defensive driver, driver training, 55 and older, automatic seat belts, and early bird.
- State Farm discounts include good student, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, and passive restraint.
- AAA offers discounts including multi-policy, multi-car, AAA membership discount, good driver, anti-theft, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for new vehicle discount, newly married, good student, new move discount, multi-policy, safety features, and newly retired.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, and good student.
If you need cheap insurance coverage quotes, ask each company or agent how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. If you would like to see a list of providers who offer auto insurance discounts, follow this link.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your insurance coverage coverage to you
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- What if I total my 2009 Audi S8 and owe more than it’s worth?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance coverages and their meanings
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are typical coverage types found on the average car insurance policy.
Medical expense coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills for pain medications, nursing services and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability auto insurance
This coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to other people or property in an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have values of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against things such as medical expenses, funeral expenses and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like theft, damage from flooding, vandalism, a broken windshield and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This gives you protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your S8 resulting from a collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as driving through your garage door, colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Shop. Compare. Save.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheaper auto insurance can be purchased both online and also from your neighborhood agents, so you need to quote insurance coverage with both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and many times these small insurance companies sell through independent agencies.
We just presented some good ideas how to reduce 2009 Audi S8 insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
Additional information can be read on the following sites:
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)