View 2008 Buick Enclave Car Insurance Rates
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 6, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding better insurance prices for a Buick Enclave can be difficult, but you can use the following methods to save time.
There is a better way to shop for insurance and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes on a Buick and obtain the best price possible from local insurance agents and online providers.
Save with these discounts
Some insurers do not list every disount available very well, so we researched both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous auto insurance savings.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate may permit one accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims before the accident.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- College Student Discount – Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a course that instructs on driving safety could save 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Organization Discounts – Being in a professional or civic organization may earn a discount when getting a auto insurance quote.
- Sign Online – A few larger companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy on their website.
Don’t be surprised that most credits do not apply the the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount will cut your overall premium however.
Large auto insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, passive restraint, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, and multiple policy.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for good student, multi-car, pay in full, mature driver, youthful driver, teen driver, and homeowner.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- GEICO has savings for multi-policy, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, air bags, defensive driver, membership and employees, and anti-lock brakes.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include safe driver, paid in full, good student, paperless, and mature driver.
- The Hartford may include discounts for bundle, vehicle fuel type, air bag, good student, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for renewal discount, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe driver, and 55 and retired.
- USAA includes discounts for loyalty savings, multi-vehicle, annual mileage, safe driver, vehicle storage, and good student.
Double check with every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in your area.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How to find affordable car insurance
The majority of larger companies such as Allstate and Progressive provide price estimates from their websites. Doing online price comparisons is very simple as you just enter your required coverages into the form. Upon sending the form, the quote system sends out for your credit score and driving record and quotes a price.
Being able to quote online simplifies rate comparisons, but having to visit multiple sites and complete many quote forms is repetitive and time-consuming. But it’s also necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get the best price on car insurance.
The better way to compare rates
A more efficient way to lower your car insurance bill is to use a quote form that analyzes rates from more than one company. This type of form saves time, requires much less work on your part, and makes price shopping online much easier to do. Immediately after you send the form, it gets priced and you can choose any one of the quotes that you receive.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can simply submit the application and purchase the new policy. It can be completed in a matter of minutes and can result in significant savings.
To quickly find out what other companies charge, click here to open in a new tab and enter your information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you copy the limits and deductibles as shown on your current policy. This makes sure you will have comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
Seven tips to get cheap insurance prices
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the factors that help determine your car insurance rates. If you know what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find big savings. Multiple criteria are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but others are not as apparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
- Getting married equates to better prices – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money compared to being single. It means you’re more responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
- Only buy what you need – There are many optional add-on coverages that may not really be needed on your 2008 Enclave policy. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and extra life insurance coverage are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
- Older drivers save more – Drivers with little experience have a tendency to be easily distracted with other occupants in the car therefore car insurance rates are much higher. More experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure and are safer drivers.
- Car insurance rates and your employer – Occupational choices like lawyersairline pilots and emergency personnel generally have higher average rates because of intense work requirements and long work days. On the other hand, occupations like professors, students and performers get better rates on Enclave coverage.
- Discounts for alarms and GPS tracking – Owning a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all hinder your car from being stolen.
- Where do you drive? – The more you drive in a year’s time the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Ask your agent if your declarations sheet is rated on the correct usage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Enclave may be costing you higher rates.
- Don’t get traffic citations – A bad driving record influences premium rates substantially. Attentive drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Having just one ticket may increase your cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who get severe violations like reckless driving or DUI may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How high should deductibles be on a 2008 Buick Enclave?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Does my 2008 Buick Enclave qualify for pleasure use?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Is my 2008 Buick Enclave covered for flood damage?
- Is my Buick Enclave covered if I use it for business?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Coverages available on your insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Buick Enclave.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for expenses for nursing services, chiropractic care, funeral costs and surgery. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability coverage – Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property in an accident. It protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 100/300/100 that translate to a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things such as medical expenses, medical services, attorney fees, funeral expenses and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Collision – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Enclave resulting from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things like scraping a guard rail, crashing into a ditch and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive coverage – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like fire damage, damage from getting keyed and falling objects. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Be a money saver!
We just presented a lot of ways to save on 2008 Buick Enclave insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding cheaper auto insurance. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Some auto insurance companies do not provide rate quotes online small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agencies. The cheapest 2008 Buick Enclave insurance can be sourced both online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
When getting auto insurance quotes online, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced full coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Additional auto insurance information can be found at these links: