Cheaper 2008 BMW M3 Car Insurance Rates
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 5, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for better car insurance rates for your BMW M3? Finding better insurance prices for a new or used BMW M3 could be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our car insurance buying tips and make it easy. There are both good and bad ways to compare car insurance rates and we’ll show you the best way to get price quotes for your BMW and locate the cheapest rates either online or from local insurance agents.
It’s a good habit to compare premium rates as often as possible since prices are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rate on M3 insurance six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in how to use the internet to lower your annual insurance bill.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is not rocket science. If you are insured now or need a new policy, you can use these techniques to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. Vehicle owners just need to understand the best way to shop their coverage around online.
The cheapest car insurance quotes online
Effectively comparing car insurance prices can be challenging if you aren’t aware of the best way to get rate quotes. You can waste hours driving to insurance agencies in your area, or you can stay home and use online quoting for quick rates.
Many insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace where prospective buyers submit their information once, and every company returns a rated price. This system prevents you from having to do form submissions to every company. To enter your information into the quoting system, click here (opens in new window).
The one downside to using this type of form is you can’t choose which insurance companies to receive prices from. So if you prefer to choose specific insurance companies for rate comparison, we have a listing of companies who write car insurance in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
Which method you use is up to you, but do your best to enter apples-to-apples quote information for each comparison quote. If you compare different limits and deductibles on each one it will be very difficult to truly determine the lowest rate.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Will you really save $491 on car insurance?
Drivers get pounded daily by advertisements for the lowest price car insurance by State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. All the companies say the same thing that drivers will save a bundle if you change to them.
It sounds good, but how can they all give you a better price?
Most companies have specific criteria for the type of customer that earns them the highest profit. For example, this type of driver should be over age 30, has a clear driving record, and has a high credit rating. Any new insured who fits those characteristics will probably get the lowest auto insurance rates and have a good chance to cut their rates if they switch.
Consumers who are not a match for this ideal profile will be charged higher rates and this results in the customer buying from someone else. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “drivers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” can save as much as they claim. That’s the way companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings. Because each company has a different risk profile, you should do a price quote comparison at every renewal. Because you cannot predict which company will provide you with the cheapest premium rates.
Why your insurance rates might be higher
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but others are not as apparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
The list below includes a few of the things used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
- Save money with GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Systems that thwart theives such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Marriage pays dividends – Getting married can actually save you money on your insurance coverage bill. It may mean you are more financially stable and insurance companies like that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Liability coverage limits should be high – The liability section of your policy kicks in in the event that a jury decides you are liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. It provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Lower premiums for safer cars – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. These vehicles reduce injuries and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates. If the BMW M3 is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
- High credit rating translates to low prices – Having a good credit score factor in your rate calculation. People that have good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with worse credit. So if your credit history could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2008 BMW M3 by improving your credit score.
- Drive fewer miles and save – The higher the mileage driven annually the more you will pay for insurance coverage. The majority of insurers charge rates based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that do not get driven very much can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. An improperly rated M3 may be costing you higher rates. It’s a smart idea to ensure your policy properly reflects the correct usage, because it can save money.
Verify you’re earning every discount
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise all possible discounts very clearly, so the list below contains a few of the more common as well as the least known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy car insurance online.
- Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up prior to your current policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better rates.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Smart Student Discounts – Being a good student may save you up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Onboard Data Collection – People who choose to allow their insurance company to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle remotely such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Life Insurance Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% on M3 insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- Memberships – Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on auto insurance.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Large auto insurance companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- State Farm includes discounts for good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, anti-theft, and passive restraint.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for youthful driver, business and professional, electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, and multi-car.
- GEICO discounts include seat belt use, five-year accident-free, good student, emergency military deployment, and anti-lock brakes.
- American Family has discounts for TimeAway discount, air bags, multi-vehicle, good student, good driver, early bird, and accident-free.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, business or organization, multi-policy, good student, and easy pay.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
When getting free car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. To see insurers who offer free auto insurance quotes, click here to view.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Does my 2008 BMW M3 need full coverage?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance coverage basics
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as hitting a bird, vandalism and hail damage. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
This will pay to fix damage to your M3 caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like driving through your garage door, scraping a guard rail, crashing into a ditch, sustaining damage from a pot hole and damaging your car on a curb. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your BMW M3.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
This coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged propery.
Liability insurance covers things like structural damage, repair costs for stationary objects, loss of income, pain and suffering and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses such as nursing services, funeral costs and rehabilitation expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Saving money makes a lot of cents
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to save on 2008 BMW M3 insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding cheap car insurance. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance coverage comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Some insurance providers may not offer online price quotes and many times these smaller companies sell through independent agencies. Budget-friendly insurance coverage is available on the web in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, poor customer service, delays in responding to claim requests and even high prices. Whatever your reason, finding a new insurance coverage company is not as hard as you think.
More information can be read below: