2008 Audi R8 Insurance Rates – 5 Policy Discounts
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Do you get overwhelmed by the dozens of insurance coverage choices in your area? There are such a large number of options that it can easily become a real challenge to locate the lowest premium rates.
Do you qualify for these five discounts?
Insurance coverage can be pricey, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not know about. Certain reductions will be credited at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car instead of a used car can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Full Payment Discount – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Professional Organizations – Joining a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break on your next insurance coverage statement.
- Driver Safety – Participating in a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for driver training, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, accident-free, safe vehicle, passive restraint, multiple autos, multiple policy, and driver’s education.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, and continuous coverage.
- Allstate may have discounts that include defensive driver, safe driver, auto/life discount, new car, and premier plus.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for easy pay, family plan, anti-theft, accident-free, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, and good student.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for accident-free, claim-free, defensive driver, good driver, multi-policy, good student
When comparing rates, check with each company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in your state.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage coverage
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
UM/UIM Coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Audi R8.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Normally these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Collision – Collision coverage pays for damage to your R8 from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like colliding with a tree, crashing into a ditch, crashing into a building and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like theft, damage from getting keyed, hail damage, a broken windshield and vandalism. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability insurance – This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other people or property that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have values of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as funeral expenses, structural damage, repair costs for stationary objects, loss of income and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Medical costs insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like chiropractic care, dental work, doctor visits, pain medications and nursing services. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers you and your occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Save your cold hard cash
A few companies do not provide rate quotes online and these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agencies. Low-cost 2008 Audi R8 insurance is attainable from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to shop for 2008 Audi R8 insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive insurance. Consumers could even find that the best price on insurance is with a small mutual company.
When you buy insurance online, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.