How Much Does 2006 Audi A3 Car Insurance Cost?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 5, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper insurance rates for your Audi A3? Vehicle owners fed up with high insurance rates and are new to price shopping car insurance online could find sourcing inexpensive auto insurance can be quite challenging.
Compare insurance rates
The are a couple different ways of comparing rate quotes from many different insurance companies. The fastest way to comparison shop consists of obtaining rate quotes online. It’s really quite simple and can be done in several different ways.
- If you’re in a hurry, the quickest way to get the best comparison quotes is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This type of form saves time by eliminating separate quotes for each price estimate. Filling out one form gets rate comparisons from insurance companies with the best prices.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- A harder way to get quotes online is spending the time to visit the website of each company and repeat the quote process. For examples sake, let’s assume you want comparison quotes from Allstate, Liberty Mutual and Travelers. To get each rate you have to spend time on each company’s site and type in your information over and over, which can get old fast. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make sure you are using apples-to-apples quote information for each comparison quote. If you compare unequal deductibles or liability limits you can’t possibly get a fair rate comparison. Just slight variations in insurance coverages or limits can make a big difference in price. It’s important to know that more quotes helps you find more affordable rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide online quotes, so you need to compare rates from them as well.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Use discounts on insurance
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there may be some discounts that you may not know about. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but a few need to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow their company to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies allow discounts for signing up before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- E-sign Discounts – Many insurance companies will give you a small discount for signing up over the internet.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a home can save a few bucks because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having several vehicles on the same insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims before the accident.
- Buy New and Save – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save you some money because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Full Payment Discount – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But any discount should help reduce your premiums.
Larger insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good student, safe vehicle, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, and driver’s education.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include newly married, hybrid vehicle, new move discount, new graduate, safety features, new vehicle discount, and multi-car.
- American Family offers discounts for good student, good driver, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, and TimeAway discount.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for early shopping, teen driver, pay in full, electronic funds transfer, and mature driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for air bags, multi-policy, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, group or association, and safe vehicle.
- SAFECO has discounts for safe driver, anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, anti-theft, and drive less.
Double check with every company how you can save money. Some discounts might not be offered in your area. To find providers who offer cheap insurance quotes, click here to view.
Lower the price of insurance coverage with these tips
Many factors are considered when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are less apparent like where you live or your financial responsibility.
The list below includes a few of the things used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
- Get hitched and get cheaper costs – Having a wife or husband may earn you lower rates compared to being single. It may mean you are more stable financially and insurance companies reward insureds because married couples file fewer claims.
- Gender and insurance coverage – The statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. This data doesn’t prove that females are better drivers. Females and males are responsible for accidents in similar numbers, but guys get into accidents with more damage. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Better insurance coverage rates for being claim-free – If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance companies provide the lowest premiums to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Do you know you’re credit score? – Your credit rating can be a huge factor in determining what you pay for insurance coverage. Insureds that have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. So if your credit score is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2006 Audi A3 by improving your credit score.
- How much liability coverage – Liability coverage will provide protection in the event that a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides for a legal defense to defend your case. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Who is covered when they drive my 2006 Audi A3?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Brand name doesn’t guarantee savings
State Farm, GEICO and Progressive endlessly run ads on television and other media. All the ads make an identical promise that you can save if you switch your coverage to them. How do they all lower your prices? It’s all in the words they use.
Companies quote the lowest rates for the driver that will most likely be profitable. For instance, a profitable risk profile may need to be over the age of 40, has a clean driving record, and has a short commute. Someone that hits that “sweet spot” will get the preferred prices and is almost guaranteed to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who fall outside this ideal profile must pay a more expensive rate and business going elsewhere. If you listen closely, the ads state “people who switch” not “everyone who quotes” save the amount stated. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently claim big savings.
Each company has different criteria, so you should compare many company’s car insurance rates. It is impossible to predict with any certainty which company will have the best rates for your profile.
Auto insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of insurance aids in choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as loss of income, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical services and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Audi A3.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Most of the time these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your A3 from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like backing into a parked car, sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a building, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
This coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as falling objects, damage from a tornado or hurricane, fire damage and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for expenses like nursing services, doctor visits, chiropractic care and ambulance fees. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Have money to burn
While you’re price shopping online, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just showed you some good ideas how to get a better price on 2006 Audi A3 insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding low cost auto insurance. Drivers may discover the best car insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like delays in paying claims, policy non-renewal, delays in responding to claim requests and even high prices. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.