Cheap 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Insurance Quotes
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 19, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
High-priced Chevrolet Silverado 3500 insurance can overdraw your budget and force you to prioritize other expenses. Comparison shopping can help to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
With vehicle owners having so many companies to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to find a lower cost company.
It’s smart to get comparison quotes periodically due to the fact that insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Silverado insurance a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the fastest way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Low cost insurance
Effectively comparing insurance prices can be challenging if you aren’t aware of the most efficient way. You could waste a few hours driving to insurance agencies in your area, or you could save time and use the web to get pricing more quickly.
Most car insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace where insurance shoppers enter their coverage request one time, and each participating company then returns a price quote based on the submitted data. This prevents consumers from doing quotation requests to every company.
To use this form to compare rates click here to start a free quote.
The single downside to pricing coverage this way is you can’t choose the providers to receive prices from. If you prefer to choose from a list of companies to compare rates, we put together a list of the cheapest insurance companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
Whichever method you choose, be sure to compare exactly the same coverages and limits on every price quote you get. If your comparisons have different deductibles it will be next to impossible to determine which company has the best rates.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Can you really save that much by switching?
Consumers can’t escape the ads for the lowest price insurance coverage by companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. All the ads make an identical promise that you’ll save big if you move your coverage.
How does each company sell you cheaper insurance coverage? Here is the trick they use.
Insurance providers give the cheapest rates for the type of customer that will generate a profit. A good example of a driver they prefer might be between 30 and 50, has a clean driving record, and does not commute to work. A propective insured that hits that “sweet spot” may get the lowest rates and most likely will save when switching.
Drivers who do not fit these criteria will be charged higher rates and ends up with business not being written. If you pay attention, the ads say “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That’s why insurance companies can make claims that they all have the best premium rates.
Because of these techniques, it is so important to compare as many free insurance quotes as you can. It’s not possible to predict with any certainty which company will have the lowest rate quotes.
Components of your Chevy Silverado 3500 insurance costs
Lots of things are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but some are less apparent like where you live or your vehicle rating.
- Responsible credit saves on auto insurance – Having a good credit rating factor in calculating your premium rate. Consumers who have excellent credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have poor credit. If your credit is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 by improving your credit score.
- Liability protection risk factors in – The liability coverage on your policy is the protection when you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. It provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Vehicle options impact premiums – Owning a car with advanced anti-theft systems can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help stop car theft and help bring rates down.
- Policy add-ons may be wasting money – There are a lot of additional coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t careful. Things like personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage could be just wasting money. They may seem good at first, but if you have no use for them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Big city or small town – Being located in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has it’s advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. City drivers tend to have more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accident claims and a lower car theft rate.
- High deductibles reduce rates – Your deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims could be a windshield broken by a bird, animal collisions, and damage caused by road hazards. The higher the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for auto insurance on Silverado insurance.
Insurance rates and discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be significant discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some of these disounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers living away from home attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 could receive lower premium rates on Silverado insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual will forgive one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Professional Organizations – Affiliation with certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your bill.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds who allow their insurance company to track when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
Discounts lower rates, but most credits do not apply the the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
If you would like to see a list of insurers that offer the discounts shown above, click this link.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When choosing coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance policy specifics
Understanding the coverages of insurance aids in choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
This covers damage to your Silverado 3500 resulting from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like damaging your car on a curb, sustaining damage from a pot hole, scraping a guard rail and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Insurance for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for short-term medical expenses for rehabilitation expenses, X-ray expenses and hospital visits. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
This provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged propery. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things such as emergency aid, medical services and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as hitting a bird, damage from flooding and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
In any little way, save everyday
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to shop for 2004 Chevy Silverado 3500 insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable insurance. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Low-cost 2004 Chevy Silverado 3500 insurance can be found on the web and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price.
Additional detailed information is located at these sites:
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How Much are Tulsa Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado? (TulsaCoverage.com)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado? (AustinCarInsuranceQuotes.com)
- How Much are Charlotte Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado? (CarolinaAutoGuard.com)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)