Save on 2003 Audi RS 6 Car Insurance Quotes
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 23, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Do you get overwhelmed by the wide range of auto insurance sources in your area? Lot’s of other people are too. Drivers have so many options that it can easily turn into a real difficult job to find the perfect company for you.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using this strategy. Buying more affordable insurance coverage is not that difficult. Nevertheless, drivers should learn the way insurance companies compete online and apply this information to your search.
The Audi RS 6 insurance cost equation
Many different elements are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but others are more obscure like where you live or your vehicle rating.An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find lower car insurance prices.
- How much liability – The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to other policy coverages, so do not skimp.
- Never let your car insurance policy expire – Not maintaining insurance is a big no-no and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you fines or a revoked license.
- Drive fewer miles and save – The higher the miles on your Audi in a year the more you will pay for car insurance. Many insurance companies apply a rate based upon how much you drive. Vehicles left parked in the garage receive better premium rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having the wrong rating on your RS 6 is just wasting money. Verify your car insurance coverage reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
- Rates and your address – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country may provide you with better prices when trying to find low car insurance rates. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have more traffic problems and more severe claims. Less people translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Accidents cost more than a fine – Having just one speeding ticket can bump up the cost by as much as twenty percent. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Drivers who have gotten careless citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
- Improve your credit rating and save – Your credit score is a large factor in determining your rates. If your credit can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2003 Audi RS 6 by improving your credit score. Drivers who have very good credit scores tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit.
- See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – Most insurance companies will give lower prices to customers that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to ten percent or more. Even with this discount applied, you may still want to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.There is a chance you can find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Get cheap rates by getting discounts
Auto insurance can be pricey, but you might find some hidden discounts to help bring down the price. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but occassionally some discounts must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a home can help you save on auto insurance since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Club Memberships – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on your bill.
- Theft Deterent System – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a auto insurance quote.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less on RS 6 coverage compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a auto insurance quote. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Paperless Signup – A few insurance companies give back up to $50 shop auto insurance over the internet.
- Early Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with multiple cars on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide include:
- GEICO has discounts for anti-theft, defensive driver, good student, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include paid in full, paperless, student away at school, anti-theft, group or association, and anti-lock brakes.
- American Family may offer discounts for TimeAway discount, good driver, defensive driver, good student, bundled insurance, accident-free, and early bird.
- Esurance discounts include paid-in-full, homeowner, safety device, Switch & Save, and multi-car.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, and homeowner.
- State Farm includes discounts for passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, good student, student away at school, good driver, and accident-free.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, good student, education and occupation, pay-in-full, anti-theft, and good driver.
If you are trying to find cheaper auto insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in your state. To locate providers that offer many of these discounts, follow this link.
Do drivers who switch really save?
Car insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive endlessly run ads on TV and radio. All the companies say the same thing that drivers will save a bundle after switching your coverage. That’s great but how can every company charge less that you’re paying now? This is the way they can do it.
Many companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. One example of a driver they prefer might have to be over the age of 40, has never had a claim, and chooses high deductibles. A propective insured who fits that profile is entitled to the best price and will also cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who do not match the ideal profile may receive higher premiums and this results in the customer not buying. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “people that switch” not “everyone that quotes” can save as much as they claim. This is how insurance companies can confidently make it sound like they have such great rates.
This really illustrates why you should get auto insurance quotes from several different companies. It’s not possible to predict which insurance companies will provide the lowest prices.
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Parts of your auto insurance policy
Having a good grasp of auto insurance aids in choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
This will cover damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against things such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, funeral expenses, structural damage, pain and suffering and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as damage from flooding, theft and hitting a bird. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like colliding with another moving vehicle, backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Audi RS 6.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for bills for EMT expenses, X-ray expenses, doctor visits, funeral costs and nursing services. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Buy Smart and Save
When shopping online for insurance, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an insured cut full coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Budget-friendly insurance can be found online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not offer online quoting and usually these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents.
You just learned some good ideas how to compare 2003 Audi RS 6 insurance rates online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even find the best rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
To learn more, feel free to visit the articles below: