How Much Does 2003 Audi A4 Car Insurance Cost?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 5, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Feel like you have an expensive auto insurance policy? It’s a common feeling and many consumers feel financially strained by their auto insurance policy. Vehicle owners have multiple car insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s a good thing to have a selection, more choices can make it harder to find the lowest cost provider.
How much does car insurance cost?
Reducing your 2003 Audi A4 insurance rates is a great way to save money. All you need to do is take a couple of minutes comparing free auto insurance quotes from different insurance companies. This can easily be done in several different ways.
- Without a doubt, the easiest way consumers can make multiple comparisons is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This easy form eliminates the need for separate quote forms for every prospective company. One simple form gets you coverage quotes direct from many companies.
- Another way to get comparison quotes is to manually visit each company’s website and complete a new quote form. For instance, let’s say you are doing a rate comparison from Liberty Mutual, Progressive and Farmers. You would need to take the time to go to each site to enter your coverage information, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
- The final way to find lower rates to insurance agencies in your area. The ability to quote online makes this process obsolete unless you have a need for the professional guidance of a local agent. Although you can compare online quotes but still have the advice of a local agent.
How you compare quotes is your choice, just do your best to enter exactly the same coverages for every quote you compare. If the quotes have mixed coverages you will not be able to determine the best price for your Audi A4.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Buying insurance is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts to help bring down the price. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but some must be asked about before you get the savings.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Sign Online – A handful of companies may give you up to $50 for signing up on your computer.
- No Charge for an Accident – but some insurance companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and insure them with the same company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive auto insurance.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents get the best insurance rates in comparison with bad drivers.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Audi may allow you to get cheaper prices.
- Multi-line Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less on A4 coverage than drivers with accidents.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Insurance companies who may offer most of the discounts above include:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Double check with every company which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. To see a list of insurance companies who offer discounts, follow this link.
Tailor your insurance coverage coverage to you
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions might point out whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 2003 Audi A4?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
You can change your insurance prices
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that aid in calculating your policy premiums. When you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find lower rates.
The itemized list below are just a few of the factors companies use to determine your rates.
- Urban areas may pay more – Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country may provide you with better prices when it comes to insurance coverage. Urban drivers have more road rage incidents and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – Car insurance companies provide most affordable rates to policyholders who are claim-free. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Bad driving means higher premiums – How you drive has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Even a single moving violation may increase your cost substantially. Drivers with clean records get better prices compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have dangerous violations such as DUI or reckless driving may be required to prove financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Prevent theft and reduce rates – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all aid in stopping car theft.
- Don’t skimp on liability insurance – Your policy’s liability coverage will provide protection if you are found liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Mature drivers pay less – More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims and are safer drivers.Youthful drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted with other occupants in the car so they pay higher insurance coverage rates.
- Save by driving vehicles with better crash test results – Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety have better occupant injury protection and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can result in lower premiums. If your Audi scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
- Excellent credit saves on insurance coverage – An insured’s credit score is a large factor in determining premium rates. If your credit could use some work, you may save money insuring your 2003 Audi A4 by spending a little time repairing your credit. People with excellent credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit scores.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Will you really save $478 on insurance coverage?
Consumers can’t get away from all the ads that claim the best prices by companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. All the ads advertise claims that you can save if you switch your policy.
But how can every company lower your prices? Here is the trick they use.
All companies look for specific characteristics for the type of insured that earns them a profit. An example of a profitable customer may need to be over age 30, has never had a policy lapse, and drives a safe vehicle. Anybody that meets those criteria will get a cheap rate quote and have a good chance to pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Consumers who are not a match for these stringent criteria will have to pay a higher rate with the end result being the customer not purchasing. Company advertisements say “people that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much when switching. That is how insurance companies can make those statements.
Because of these techniques, drivers must get price quotes at each policy renewal. It’s just too difficult to predict the company that will fit you best based on your risk profile.
Specific coverages for an Audi A4
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are the usual coverages found on most insurance policies.
Coverage for medical expenses – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills for things like surgery, rehabilitation expenses and chiropractic care. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverages – This coverage covers damage to your A4 caused by collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like scraping a guard rail, sustaining damage from a pot hole and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability – This coverage will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims like repair costs for stationary objects, medical services and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like damage from getting keyed, fire damage, theft and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This coverage provides protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your 2003 Audi A4.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Save your cold hard cash
You just read many ideas to save on 2003 Audi A4 insurance. The key thing to remember is the more you quote auto insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive auto insurance. You may even discover the best prices are with the least-expected company. These smaller insurers often have lower rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to buy enough coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.