2002 Audi A4 Insurance Quotes
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Aug 9, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Wish you could get out of overpriced car insurance? It’s quite common and many consumers feel financially strained by their car insurance policy. People have multiple insurers to pick from, and even though it’s nice to have multiple companies, it makes it harder to find the best rates.
You should take the time to compare premium rates before your policy renews because prices change frequently. If you had the best quotes on A4 coverage at your last renewal there may be better deals available now. There is lot of inaccurate information about car insurance on the internet, but in a few minutes you can learn some of the best techniques to lower your car insurance bill.
How to shop insurance online
Finding a lower price on 2002 Audi A4 insurance is not rocket science. You just have to take the time to get quotes to find out which insurance company has inexpensive auto insurance quotes. Comparing prices online can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to get quotes for comparison would be an industry-wide quote request form (click to open form in new window). This style of form saves time by eliminating repetitive form entry for every prospective company. One quote request will get you rate comparisons instantly.
- A less efficient way to get comparison quotes is to take the time to go to each company’s website and go through the quote process again. For example, we’ll assume you want to compare prices for USAA, Progressive and State Farm. To get each rate you have to spend time going to each site individually and enter your information, and that explains why we recommend the first method. For a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The old school way to compare price quotes is driving around to insurance agencies in your area. The ability to quote online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you prefer the extra assistance that only an agent can give. It is possible with some companies obtain prices from the web but have a local agent actually write the policy.
However you get your quotes, compare identical coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote you get. If you are comparing different data it will be very difficult to determine the lowest rate for your Audi A4.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Get lower-cost car insurance with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list all possible discounts very well, so we researched both well-publicized and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Paperwork-free – Some larger companies provide a small discount just for signing your application on your computer.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few insurance companies offer discounts for buying a new policy early. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less on A4 coverage as compared to drivers with claims.
- Multi-line Discount – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a lower price if you buy a life policy as well.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- Progressive has savings for good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include vehicle fuel type, bundle, defensive driver, good student, driver training, anti-theft, and air bag.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including accident-free, type of vehicle, good driver, ease of repair, professional/association, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may offer discounts for daytime running lights, anti-theft, multi-policy, defensive driver, and military active duty.
- AAA includes discounts for multi-policy, AAA membership discount, good driver, pay-in-full, education and occupation, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- State Farm may include discounts for defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, multiple policy, student away at school, and accident-free.
Double check with each company or agent which discounts they offer. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. To locate car insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts, click here.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2002 Audi A4 is totaled?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Car insurance coverages for an Audi A4
Understanding the coverages of your policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for bills for ambulance fees, EMT expenses and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Audi A4.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as theft, hitting a deer, falling objects and damage from flooding. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for liability – Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property in an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged propery. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as bail bonds, pain and suffering, medical services, emergency aid and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Collision – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your A4 from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things like rolling your car, colliding with a tree and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.