How Much Does 2001 Chevrolet Express Cargo Insurance Cost?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Mar 8, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want lower auto insurance rates? Drivers have lots of choices when trying to find the best price on Chevy Express Cargo insurance. You can either spend your time calling around getting price quotes or save time using the internet to get rate quotes.
There are more efficient ways to buy auto insurance and you need to know the proper way to compare rates for a Chevy and locate the lowest possible price from both online companies and local agents.
The purpose of this post is to familiarize you with the most effective way to quote insurance and some money-saving tips. If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to lower your premiums substantially using these tips. Vehicle owners only need to know the proper way to shop for car insurance online.
Components of your Chevy Express Cargo insurance prices
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the things that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- Costs impacted by vehicle usage – The more you drive your Chevy each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that have low annual miles get more affordable rates than cars that get driven a lot. Make sure your car insurance coverage properly reflects the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect rating for your Express Cargo is throwing money out the window.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher rates – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a fast way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you fines and jail time. You will then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state DMV.
- Buy as much liability protection as you can afford – The liability section of your policy will afford coverage if ever a court rules you are at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Low comp and collision deductibles cost more – Protection for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers your vehicle from damage. A few examples of covered claims are a broken side mirror, vandalism, and windstorm damage. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The larger the amount you’re willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance for Express Cargo coverage.
- Only buy coverage you need – There are quite a few optional add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t diligent. Coverages for roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and motor club memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them consider taking them off your policy.
- Where you reside can influence premiums – Having an address in areas with lower population is a positive aspect when trying to find low car insurance rates. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates and a lower car theft rate. People who live in big cities have more traffic problems and higher rates of accident claims. More time commuting statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates. If your Chevy has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Get affordable rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house may earn you a small savings since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Buy New and Save – Putting insurance coverage on a new car may earn a small discount because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Life Insurance – Not all insurance coverage companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military can result in better insurance coverage rates.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you can get a slight reduction on a insurance coverage quote for Express Cargo coverage.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Payment Method – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
Discounts lower rates, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Larger insurance coverage companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- American Family offers discounts including air bags, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, good driver, accident-free, and multi-vehicle.
- Nationwide discounts include family plan, anti-theft, accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, good student, and business or organization.
- MetLife may include discounts for accident-free, good driver, multi-policy, good student, defensive driver, and claim-free.
- 21st Century has savings for anti-lock brakes, 55 and older, air bags, homeowners, and teen driver.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for pay in full, electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, mature driver, and multi-car.
- Allstate may have discounts that include FullPay discount, economy car, anti-theft, 55 and retired, multi-policy, safe driver, and premier plus.
Check with each company which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not be available everywhere.
Brand name doesn’t guarantee savings
Consumers can’t avoid all the ads that claim the lowest premium rates by companies like Allstate and Progressive. They all advertise claims about how much you will save if you change your policy.
How does each company charge lower premium rates? This is the way they can do it.
All companies have an ideal profile for the right customer they prefer to insure. One example of this type of driver might have to be a married female, has a clear driving record, and has a high credit rating. Any customer who matches that profile will get the preferred premium rates and most likely will save a lot of money.
Insureds who don’t measure up to these standards will get more expensive rates which results in the customer buying from a different company. If you pay attention, the ads say “people who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that much money. That’s why insurance companies can make claims that they all have the best prices.
That is why you should get price quotes at each policy renewal. Because without a comparison, you cannot know which insurance coverage company will have the best premium rates at this point in time.
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
When buying adequate coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether you may require specific advice.
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Should I rate my 2001 Chevy Express Cargo as pleasure use or commute?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance coverage basics
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
This coverage covers damage to your Express Cargo caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as scraping a guard rail, crashing into a ditch, sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a building and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects, theft, damage from getting keyed and hitting a bird. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability insurance provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, legal defense fees, pain and suffering, court costs and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy as much as you can afford.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for expenses for things like chiropractic care, prosthetic devices, pain medications and dental work. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Chevy Express Cargo.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Quote often and quote early
Cheap 2001 Chevy Express Cargo insurance is possible online and with local insurance agents, so you need to quote insurance coverage with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller providers work with independent agencies.
We just presented a lot of tips how to save on 2001 Chevy Express Cargo insurance. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the most savings is with a small mutual company.
People switch companies for many reasons like policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver, delays in responding to claim requests and even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Even more information is available by following these links: