Cheap 1991 BMW 8 Series Insurance Rates
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Nov 16, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest auto insurance rates for your BMW 8 Series? Have you had enough of being strong-armed to pay auto insurance each month? Your situation is no different than many other drivers.
Having so many choices, it is hard for the average consumer to find a lower cost insurance company.
Finding the best rates is not that difficult. If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to lower your premiums substantially using these methods. But drivers do need to know the way companies market insurance on the web.
Slash your auto insurance rates with discounts
Some insurers don’t always publicize all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy car insurance online.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow driving data collection to analyze where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Distant Student – Children who are attending college and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed in the military may lower your auto insurance rates slightly.
- Student Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few auto insurance companies offer discounts for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current policy. It can save you around 10%.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car instead of a used car may earn a small discount since newer models are generally safer.
You should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given the the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount should help lower your overall bill.
A partial list of companies that may offer policyholders these benefits are:
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in every state. To choose insurers with the best auto insurance discounts, follow this link.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Buy car insurance online
All the larger car insurance companies provide insurance quotes direct online. Getting quotes is quite simple as you simply type in your coverage information into a form. Once you submit the form, their quoting system sends out for information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price based on the information you submitted. This makes comparing rates easy, but the process of having to visit different websites and complete many quote forms gets old quite quickly. But it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get lower prices.
A better way to get multiple rate quotes uses one form to obtain quotes from more than one company. The form is fast, reduces the work, and makes online price comparison much easier to do. As soon as the form is sent, it gets priced and you can choose any one of the resulting price quotes. If the quotes result in lower rates, it’s easy to complete the application and buy the new coverage. The whole process can be completed in a matter of minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
If you want to find out what other companies charge, click here to open in new window and submit the form. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended that you enter deductibles and limits as shown on your current policy. This helps ensure you will receive an apples-to-apples comparison for the exact same coverage.
What determines BMW 8 Series insurance costs?
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that help calculate your premiums. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower premium levels. Many factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are more transparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
The list below includes some of the most common factors that factor into prices.
- Don’t let your policy lapse – Not maintaining insurance is illegal and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance expire. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Liability coverage limits are a factor – Liability coverage will afford coverage when a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. It will provide for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Rates also based on gender – Over time, data shows that females take fewer risks when driving. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Men and women get in auto accidents at a similar rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also get ticketed for serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Save by driving less – The more you drive annually the more you will pay for insurance. Many insurance companies charge rates based on their usage. Cars left parked in the garage cost less to insure than cars that get driven a lot. It’s a smart idea to ensure your vehicle rating reflects the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money. An improperly rated 8 Series is throwing money out the window.
- Pay more out-of-pocket – Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield broken by a bird, animal collisions, and having a roll-over accident. The more money you’re willing to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance for 8 Series insurance.
- Rates increase with driving citations – Attentive drivers receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Having a single speeding ticket can boost insurance rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have received serious violations like reckless driving or DUI may find that they have to to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive.
- Premiums increase with policy add-ons – Insurance companies have many extra coverages that you can buy on your insurance policy. Coverages like roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When buying coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- Should I buy full coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance buyers beware
Car insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive regularly use ads on TV and radio. All the ads make the point that you’ll save big just by switching your car insurance coverage to their company. How do they all sell you cheaper insurance coverage? Here is how they do it.
Insurance companies offer their best rates for the type of customer that earns them a profit. For example, a profitable risk profile may need to be over age 30, has a low-risk occupation, and has great credit. Any customer who matches those parameters may get the lowest premium rates and will cut their rates if they switch.
People who don’t measure up to this ideal profile will have to pay higher premiums and this can result in the prospect going elsewhere. The ads state “people that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that kind of money. That is how companies can advertise the savings. Because every company is different, you absolutely need to compare price quotes frequently. It is impossible to predict which company will be your best fit.
Auto insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your BMW 8 Series.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive coverage – This coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, vandalism, damage from flooding and theft. The most your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage – This coverage pays for damage to your 8 Series from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses such as rehabilitation expenses, surgery, prosthetic devices, nursing services and X-ray expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Auto liability – This coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property in an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged propery.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as much as you can afford.
More effort can pay off
Lower-priced insurance coverage can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who don’t offer rates over the internet and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agencies.
We just presented some good ideas how you can shop for 1991 BMW 8 Series insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting cheap car insurance. You may even find the lowest premium rates come from the least-expected company. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where an insured cut collision coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
To learn more, feel free to visit the resources below: