Cheap 1991 Audi 90 Insurance Cost
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Nov 2, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Did budget coverage turn out to be overpriced car insurance? Say no more because there are lots of people in the same boat.
Since vehicle owners have many insurance companies to choose from, it can be hard to find a lower cost company.
Buy auto insurance online
Most companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive provide prices for coverage direct online. Obtaining pricing is pretty easy as you just enter your coverage information into the form. Once you submit the form, their quoting system obtains your driving record and credit report and returns pricing information based on these factors. This streamlines rate comparisons, but the time required to go to several different sites and complete many quote forms can get tiresome after awhile. But it’s also necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find the best price possible.
Quote rates the easy way
A more efficient way to locate the lowest prices requires only one form that gets price quotes from a bunch of companies at once. It saves time, eliminates form submissions, and makes price shopping online a little more enjoyable. Once the form is submitted, it is rated and you are able to buy any one of the resulting price quotes.
If you find a better price you can click and sign and buy the new coverage. The entire process takes less than 15 minutes and you will know how your current rates stack up.
In order to compare pricing, click here and begin entering your coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with coverages and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This way, you will be getting a price comparison for exact coverage.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Beware of misleading insurance coverage ads
Companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive endlessly run ads on TV and radio. They all seem to state the claim about saving some big amount if you switch your insurance coverage coverage to their company. How is it plausible that every one can charge lower premium rates? Here is the trick they use.
Insurance companies quote the lowest rates for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. A good example of a preferred risk could be over age 30, has no driving citations, and drives a safe vehicle. Any driver who fits those characteristics will most likely get cheap car insurance rates and most likely will save if they switch.
People who do not fit these stringent criteria will get higher rates and this results in the customer not purchasing. If you pay attention, the ads say “drivers who switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save that much money. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently claim big savings.
This really emphasizes why drivers should compare quotes as often as possible. Because you never know which insurance companies will have better car insurance rates than you’re paying now.
Learn how to lower your insurance premiums
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but other criteria are not as apparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
The list below includes most of the major factors used by companies to determine your rate level.
- Prices may be lower depending on your job – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupations like fire fighterspolice officers and medical professionals tend to have higher rates than the rest of us due to high stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, professions such as farmers, historians and homemakers have the lowest average rates on 90 insurance.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower prices – Choosing to buy a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can help prevent auto theft.
- Improve your credit history – A driver’s credit score factor in determining what you pay. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers with bad credit. So if your credit score can be improved, you could save money insuring your 1991 Audi 90 if you clean up your credit.
- Higher comp and collision deductibles lower costs – Deductibles for physical damage state the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. Protection for physical damage, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some coverage claims could be collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and damage caused by road hazards. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for car insurance on 90 insurance.
- Liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if you are found liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- Gender and insurance rates – Statistics demonstrate females are less aggressive when driving. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. Women and men get in at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the males have accidents that have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
- Traffic violations will cost you – How you drive can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Even a single driving citation may cause rates to rise substantially. Drivers with license-revoking violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Being married pays dividends – Having a spouse helps lower the price when buying car insurance. It means you’re less irresponsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Take policy discounts and save
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be available discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some discounts will apply at the time of quoting, but some need to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off on 90 insurance but check with your company.
- Senior Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive a small decrease in premiums on 90 insurance.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- Student in College – Children living away from home attending college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Theft Deterent Discount – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a insurance quote.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to analyze driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Own a Home and Save – Just owning your own home can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- American Family has savings for good student, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, early bird, accident-free, and air bags.
- State Farm offers discounts including passive restraint, good student, multiple policy, defensive driving training, multiple autos, anti-theft, and good driver.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, homeowners, driver training, early bird, teen driver, 55 and older, and automatic seat belts.
- Travelers discounts include payment discounts, new car, driver training, home ownership, and student away at school.
- GEICO includes discounts for five-year accident-free, membership and employees, seat belt use, anti-theft, daytime running lights, multi-policy, and good student.
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not apply to policyholders in your area.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions can help discover if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- How many claims can I have before being cancelled?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Car insurance 101
Having a good grasp of insurance aids in choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the usual coverages found on most insurance policies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive insurance – This coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, fire damage, rock chips in glass and damage from flooding. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like doctor visits, ambulance fees, chiropractic care, prosthetic devices and EMT expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision – This covers damage to your 90 caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as colliding with a tree, crashing into a ditch, scraping a guard rail and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability car insurance – Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 100/300/100 which means a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged propery. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things such as medical services, structural damage, pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Don’t break the bank
We covered many ideas to shop for 1991 Audi 90 insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest insurance. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small local company. They can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.