2017 Volkswagen CrossBlue Insurance Rates
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: May 17, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Having to pay for pricey car insurance can eat up your checking account and require stricter spending habits. Doing a rate analysis is recommended to tighten up your finances.
With so many car insurance companies to choose from, it can be challenging to find a more affordable car insurance company.
You should make it a habit to check car insurance prices before your policy renews since insurance prices trend upward over time. Just because you had the lowest rates for CrossBlue coverage at your last renewal you can probably find a better premium rate now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because it’s time to teach you the only way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
The most recommended method to compare rates utilizes the fact most insurance companies provide online access to compare rate quotes. All you need to do is give them rating details such as if you’re married, whether you have decent credit, what your job is, and if a SR-22 is needed. That information is automatically sent to many different companies and they respond with quotes instantly to find the best rate.
Drivers can save with with these discounts
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Some of these disounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but a few need to be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Multiple Cars – Having multiple vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Memberships – Participating in a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on your next insurance statement.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their insurance quote for CrossBlue coverage compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but companies like Allstate and GEICO allow you one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings as much as 30%.
- Save over 55 – Seniors can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a insurance quote for CrossBlue coverage.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for five-year accident-free, anti-theft, daytime running lights, multi-policy, military active duty, defensive driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- USAA may include discounts for defensive driver, driver training, military installation, family discount, and good student.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, and online quote discount.
- American Family may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, good driver, air bags, bundled insurance, early bird, and TimeAway discount.
- Esurance has savings for renters, DriveSense, good driver, good student, Pac-12 alumni, and online quote.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include homeowner, pay in full, mature driver, good student, bundle discounts, switch companies, and alternative fuel.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, good driver, multiple autos, and safe vehicle.
If you are trying to find affordable insurance quotes, ask every prospective company how you can save money. A few discounts may not be available in your area.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Seven things that affect your insurance prices
Many factors are used when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.A large part of saving on insurance coverage is knowing the different types of things that play a part in calculating insurance coverage rates. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower rates.
- Low mileage costs less – The more you drive annually the more you will pay for insurance coverage. Many insurance companies calculate rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles left parked in the garage receive better premium rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Make sure your insurance coverage declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Improper usage on your CrossBlue may be costing you higher rates.
- Advanced theft deterrents – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent auto theft.
- Bad credit hurts insurance premiums – Credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your insurance coverage rates. Therefore, if your credit history can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your 2017 Volkswagen CrossBlue if you improve your credit rating. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit scores.
- Buy as much liability as you can afford – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the coverage that protects you when you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. This coverage provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- How your age affects premiums – Older insureds are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Beginning drivers are proven to be inattentive when behind the wheel so insurance coverage rates are higher.
- Premiums increase with policy add-ons – There are quite a few add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you don’t pay attention. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may be wasting your money. They may seem good when discussing your needs, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Allowing your insurance coverage policy to lapse is a guaranteed way to increase your insurance coverage rates. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance could result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When buying proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2017 Volkswagen CrossBlue?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Will you really save $484 on auto insurance?
Companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with television and radio advertisements. They all seem to seem to make the promise that drivers will save a bundle if you just switch your coverage. How do they all charge lower premium rates? This is how they do it.
All the different companies give the cheapest rates for the type of customer that is profitable for them. One example of this type of risk profile could possibly be a female over age 40, has had continuous coverage, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. Any person that meets those criteria will qualify for the lowest rates and will probably save when switching.
Insureds who don’t measure up to those standards will be quoted higher premium rates and ends up with the customer buying from a different company. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that much money. This is how insurance companies can make those statements. Because of this risk profiling, it is so important to compare many company’s rates. It’s not possible to predict the company that will fit your personal profile best.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance coverage considerations
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are typical coverages found on most insurance policies.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance covers damage to your CrossBlue from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as hitting a mailbox, crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Volkswagen CrossBlue.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Liability auto insurance
This protects you from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property. It protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show values of 50/100/50 that means you have a limit of $50,000 per injured person, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as court costs, emergency aid and structural damage. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for expenses for things like prosthetic devices, pain medications, ambulance fees, doctor visits and surgery. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like damage from getting keyed, hail damage, hitting a bird, vandalism and theft. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Smart consumers save more
Lower-priced insurance coverage is definitely available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not offer rates over the internet and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
When shopping online for insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where an insured cut full coverage and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
We just presented some good ideas how you can reduce 2017 Volkswagen CrossBlue insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding cheap insurance. You may even find the lowest prices are with a small mutual company. Regional companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.