Save on 2016 Acura RLX Insurance Quotes
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 10, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Comparison shopping for cheap insurance coverage might be a challenge for drivers who are beginners to online price comparisons. Because there are so many insurers to choose from, it can turn into a real hassle to locate the lowest price.
Buy insurance online
There are a lot of ways you can shop for insurance but there is one way that is less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can spend your afternoon driving to agents in your area, or you could use online quotes to get rates in a matter of minutes.
Many popular insurance companies belong to a marketplace where prospective buyers enter their coverage request one time, and every company returns a competitive quote. This system prevents you from having to do quote forms for each company.
To participate in this free quote system, click here (opens in new window).
The single downside to using this type of form is you are unable to specify which companies you want to price. So if you want to select specific providers to compare rates, we have a page of insurance companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
It’s up to you which method you use, but be certain you are entering equivalent coverage information for every company. If you use different limits and deductibles on each one it’s not possible to determine which rate is truly the best. Just a small difference in coverage limits can make a big difference in price. Just keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons helps increase your odds of locating lower pricing.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance coverage policy discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there are discounts available that many people don’t even know exist. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Having several vehicles with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their auto insurance quote for RLX coverage compared to accident prone drivers.
- Government Employee Discount – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction for RLX coverage with certain companies.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Active Military Service – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies with one company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a new car can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Sign Online – Some companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on your computer.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply the the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good driver, safe vehicle, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, and passive restraint.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for alternative fuel, multi-car, mature driver, early shopping, and switch companies.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts including daytime running lights, driver training, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, and federal employee.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for air bags, anti-lock brakes, good student, paperless, and safe vehicle.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for air bag, driver training, good student, defensive driver, bundle, vehicle fuel type, and anti-theft.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for driver training, 55 and retired, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- USAA discounts include family discount, defensive driver, military installation, loyalty savings, good student, and multi-policy.
If you need cheaper auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered everywhere. For a list of providers with the best discounts, click here to view.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
The Acura RLX insurance price equation
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower rates. Many different elements are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are less obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
- Liability – Liability insurance will protect you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. It provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Policy add-ons add up – There are quite a few extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for roadside assistance, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage are probably not needed. You may think they are a good idea initially, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- Get cheaper costs if you’re married – Having a significant other can get you a discount when buying auto insurance. Marriage may mean you are more responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married couples file fewer claims.
- You may save more by bundling policies – Most major companies give better rates to clients that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to ten or even fifteen percent. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to compare other insurance prices to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still find lower rates even if you insure with multiple companies
- Your gender affects costs – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean females are better at driving than males. Men and women tend to get into at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but guys have accidents that have higher claims. Men also get higher numbers of serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
- How credit rating affects auto insurance rates – Your credit score can be an important factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. If your credit could use some work, you may save money insuring your 2016 Acura RLX by improving your rating. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with poor credit scores.
- Safer cars save money – Cars with five star safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles result in less severe injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates directly to fewer claims and thus lower rates.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Do drivers who switch really save?
Companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm seem to constantly run television, radio, and online ads. They all seem to seem to make the promise that people will save if you just switch your policy. How can each company lower your car insurance rates? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Most companies quote the lowest rates for the type of insured they prefer to insure. An example of this type of insured could be between 25 and 40, owns a home, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. Someone that hits that “sweet spot” will qualify for the lowest prices and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who fall short of the ideal profile will be charged higher prices and this can result in the prospect going elsewhere. The ad wording is “drivers that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save money. This is how companies can truthfully lure you into getting a quote.
This illustrates why drivers should compare free auto insurance quotes often. It is just not possible to predict the company that will have the lowest rate quotes.
Parts of your insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like rock chips in glass, theft, a broken windshield and falling objects. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability auto insurance – This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see values of 100/300/100 that translate to a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for things like structural damage, medical services and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for immediate expenses for rehabilitation expenses, EMT expenses, hospital visits and prosthetic devices. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Collision – Collision insurance covers damage to your RLX resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things like colliding with another moving vehicle, backing into a parked car and hitting a parking meter. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
A fool and his money are soon parted
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, policy cancellation, high prices or even extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, finding the right insurance coverage provider can be less work than you think.
When shopping online for insurance coverage, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost.
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on 2016 Acura RLX insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may discover the lowest prices come from a smaller regional carrier.