Save on 2016 Acura MDX Car Insurance Rates
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 5, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Sick and tired of sacrificing to buy car insurance? You are in the same boat as many other consumers.
Because you have many companies and agents to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to locate the cheapest car insurance provider.
Shopping for the cheapest insurance coverage coverage is not that difficult. Just about every vehicle owner who carries insurance coverage will be able to find better rates. But consumers must comprehend how the larger insurance companies market insurance on the web.
How to get affordable auto insurance
There are several ways to compare quotes from lots of auto insurance companies. The quickest method to compare 2016 Acura MDX insurance prices is simply to get online rate quotes. This is very easy and can be done by using one of the methods below.
One of the fastest ways to find the lowest comparison rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison (click to open form in new window). This easy form eliminates the need for multiple quote forms for every auto insurance company. One form submission compares rates from all major companies.
A harder way to find more affordable insurance requires a visit to the website of each company to complete their respective quote request forms. For example, we’ll assume you want to get rates from USAA, Progressive and Travelers. To get each rate you have to spend time on each company’s site to enter your coverage information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
The final way to get comparison rates is to drive around to insurance agents’ offices. Comparing online rate quotes eliminates the middleman unless you have a need for the professional guidance that only an agent can give. Although, it is possible comparison shop your insurance online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
However you get your quotes, compare equivalent deductibles and coverage limits on every quote. If your comparisons have higher or lower deductibles it will be impossible to truly determine the lowest rate. Just a small difference in limits could throw off the whole comparison. And when comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing more quotes increases the change that you will find the best offered rates. Not every company does rate quotes online, so it’s important to also get quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance coverage companies offer money-saving discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger companies provide a small discount for buying your policy over the internet.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% on MDX coverage depending on your insurance coverage provider.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring multiple vehicles with the same insurance coverage company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Drive Less and Save – Low annual miles can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more on MDX coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
Large insurance coverage companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include federal employee, daytime running lights, driver training, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, and emergency military deployment.
- USAA has discounts for driver training, good student, defensive driver, multi-policy, loyalty savings, and safe driver.
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, and homeowner.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, multi-vehicle, air bags, mySafetyValet, accident-free, bundled insurance, and good student.
- Esurance includes discounts for multi-car, safety device, good student, renters, and online quote.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include electronic funds transfer, bundle discounts, teen driver, mature driver, good student, and early shopping.
- State Farm may include discounts for Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, accident-free, good driver, anti-theft, and driver’s education.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Discounts may not apply in your area. To locate insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above, click here.
Learn how to lower your insurance rates
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that aid in calculating your premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower premium levels.
- Buy as much liability insurance as you can afford – The liability section of your policy will provide protection if ever you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. This coverage provides legal defense to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Higher coverage deductibles are cheaper – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are how much you are required to spend if the claim is covered. Physical damage insurance, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, fire damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive on MDX coverage.
- Save money with alarm systems – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft deterrent systems such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help stop auto theft.
- Car insurance rates and your vocation – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs like military generalsairline pilots and emergency personnel tend to have higher average rates due to high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, jobs such as actors, athletes and the unemployed receive lower rates on MDX coverage.
- Get better rates if married – Being married helps lower the price on your policy. It generally demonstrates drivers are less irresponsible and statistics prove married couples file fewer claims.
- Cheaper car insurance rates with safer cars – Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Safer cars help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you.
- Excellent credit scores equal low premiums – Your credit history will be a significant factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. So if your credit can be improved, you could save money insuring your 2016 Acura MDX by repairing your credit. Drivers who have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings.
- File policy claims and pay more – Car insurance companies give most affordable rates to policyholders who are claim-free. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When choosing coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- What happens if I owe more than my 2016 Acura MDX is worth?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance coverage information
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are typical coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your 2016 Acura MDX.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Frequently these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as damage from getting keyed, rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft and vandalism. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things like medical services, court costs, emergency aid and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your MDX from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like colliding with another moving vehicle, driving through your garage door, hitting a mailbox and hitting a parking meter. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills for pain medications, funeral costs, ambulance fees, chiropractic care and X-ray expenses. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Some insurance companies do not provide online rate quotes regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies. Lower-priced 2016 Acura MDX insurance is available from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Additional information is located at the links below