Cheap 2015 Acura TLX Car Insurance Rates
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 5, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for affordable auto insurance might appear intimidating for vehicle owners who are beginners to quoting and comparing prices over the internet. With dozens of companies competing online, how can anyone be able to compare every company in order to find the lowest price?
Buy auto insurance online
When looking for cheaper car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare quotes from different insurance companies. The easiest way to find affordable 2015 Acura TLX insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates. This can be done using a couple different methods.
- Probably the best way to get the best comparison quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This easy form prevents you from having to do separate quote forms for every prospective company. Filling out one form gets prices estimates direct from many companies. It’s the fastest way to compare.
- A harder way to compare prices requires a visit to the website of each company to complete their respective quote request forms. For instance, let’s assume you want to compare prices for Auto-Owners, Progressive and State Farm. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time going to each site individually and repeatedly enter your information, which is why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The hardest method to shop rates is to waste gas driving to local insurance agencies. The ability to quote online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless your situation requires the advice and guidance that you can only get from talking to an agent. Although you can comparison shop online and get advice from an agent in your area.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make sure you are using identical coverages and limits on every price quote you get. If you use unequal deductibles or liability limits you can’t possibly determine the best price for your Acura TLX. Just a small difference in limits could mean much higher rates. And when price shopping your coverage, comparing all the rates in your area helps you find lower pricing. Not every company provides quotes online, so it’s important to compare rates on coverage from those companies, too.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Discounts to earn cheaper insurance rates
Auto insurance companies do not advertise their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- E-sign – Many insurance companies provide a small discount for signing up over the internet.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get better insurance rates on TLX coverage.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Student in College – Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from home without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with one insurance company you may save up to 20% and get you cheaper car insurance.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house can earn you a little savings because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% on TLX coverage with select insurance companies.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- The Hartford includes discounts for good student, air bag, vehicle fuel type, driver training, anti-theft, and bundle.
- American Family offers discounts including air bags, early bird, multi-vehicle, accident-free, and mySafetyValet.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers discounts include home ownership, multi-car, continuous insurance, driver training, and new car.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include distant student, electronic funds transfer, business and professional, alternative fuel, and good student.
- USAA has savings for loyalty savings, new vehicle, vehicle storage, safe driver, multi-vehicle, family discount, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for new graduate, new move discount, good student, newly retired, new vehicle discount, and multi-car.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. Some credits may not apply to policies in your area. To view companies with discount rates, follow this link.
How you can control Acura TLX insurance prices
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower rates. Many factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
- Never let your insurance coverage policy lapse – Not having insurance can get you a ticket and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Deter theft and reduce premiums – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can thwart auto theft.
- Physical damage deductibles – The deductibles you choose state the amount of money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Physical damage coverage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, damage caused by hail, and damage from wind. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be on TLX coverage.
- When should you not file a insurance coverage claims? – Companies provide the best rates to people who file claims infrequently. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Drivers with good credit save – A driver’s credit rating is a big factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers who have worse credit. So if your credit score is low, you could save money insuring your 2015 Acura TLX by taking the time to improve your credit score.
Tailor your insurance coverage coverage to you
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions might help in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Does my 2015 Acura TLX need full coverage?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Is there truth in advertising?
Companies like Allstate and Progressive endlessly run television, radio, and online ads. All the companies convey the message of big savings just by moving your coverage. How is it possible that every company can offer you a better deal? It’s all in the wording.
Companies have a preferred profile for the type of insured that makes them money. One example of a desirable risk may be married and over the age of 30, has no prior claims, and drives newer vehicles. A customer getting a price quote that fits those parameters will get a cheap rate quote as well as cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who are not a match for these standards will be charged higher prices which leads to the customer buying from a different company. The ad wording is “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” can save as much as they claim. That’s the way insurance companies can make those statements.
Because each company has a different risk profile, it is so important to compare rate quotes every year. It’s just not possible to know which company will give you the biggest savings.
Car insurance coverages and their meanings
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Auto collision coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as hitting a mailbox, crashing into a ditch and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills like nursing services, doctor visits, prosthetic devices and X-ray expenses. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like hitting a deer, fire damage, falling objects, rock chips in glass and hail damage. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a limit of $100,000 per injured person, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, emergency aid and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your 2015 Acura TLX.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
More choices the merrier
Some insurance companies don’t offer rates over the internet and these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents. Affordable 2015 Acura TLX insurance can be purchased from both online companies and with local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection.
When you buy car insurance online, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
You just read some good ideas how you can lower your 2015 Acura TLX insurance car insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may discover the most savings is with the least-expected company.
More tips and info about insurance coverage is located by following these links:
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)