Cheaper 2015 Acura RDX Insurance Rates
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 5, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Being forced to pay for expensive auto insurance premiums can eat up your savings and force you to cut corners elsewhere. Comparison shopping is a great way to make ends meet.
Many auto insurance companies vie to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a company to find the lowest rate possible.
It is always a good idea to get comparison quotes before your policy renews due to the fact that insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the lowest premium rates for RDX insurance a couple years back you will most likely find a better price today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re going to learn how to use online quotes to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to save some money using these methods. Finding affordable coverage is not that difficult. But drivers can benefit by having an understanding of the methods companies use to market on the web and use this information to your advantage.
How to buy insurance coverage online
Performing a rate comparison can be a daunting task if you don’t know the most efficient way to do it. You can waste a lot of time talking to insurance companies in your area, or you can stay home and use online quoting to quickly compare rates.
Many insurance companies participate in an industry program where insurance shoppers only type in their quote data once, and each participating company then returns a price quote based on the submitted data. This prevents consumers from doing form submissions for each company. To compare rates now click here to start a free quote.
The single downside to doing it this way is that consumers can’t choose which companies to get quotes from. So if you prefer to pick individual companies to request quotes from, we put together a list of insurance coverage companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just do your best to use nearly identical coverage information on every price quote you get. If you are comparing mixed coverages it will be very difficult to make a fair rate comparison. Having just a slight variation in limits could throw off the whole comparison. Just keep in mind that more quotes increases your odds of finding a better price.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Discounts for cheaper car insurance rates
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may find discounts to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% for RDX insurance with certain companies.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies give discounts for signing up before your current expiration date. It could save around 10% when you buy insurance coverage online.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Acura could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Telematics Data – Drivers that enable their company to analyze when and where they use their vehicle remotely such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for reduced rates for RDX insurance.
- Good Student Discount – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some companies like Libery Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for newer models.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Insurance companies who might offer many of the previously listed discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts may not apply everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies with the best discounts, follow this link.
How car insurance companies determine Acura RDX insurance premiums
Lots of factors are used when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the rating factors that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with big savings.
- A policy lapse can increase auto insurance rates – Driving your car without having proper coverage is a big no-no and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You will then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Traffic violations mean higher rates – Only having one citation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. Drivers who get flagrant violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Costs for males may be higher – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. This data doesn’t prove that men are WORSE drivers than women. They both cause accidents at about the same rate, but the males have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI). Males from age 16 to 21 tend to get in the most accidents so it costs more to insure them.
- High credit rating translates to low prices – Your credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining your rates. So if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your 2015 Acura RDX by improving your credit score. People that have very good credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with lower ratings.
- Younger drivers pay more – Inexperience drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Older insureds are shown to be more cautious, statistically cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Does my 2015 Acura RDX qualify for pleasure use?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Can you really save $444 a year?
Big name companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive continually stream ads in print and on television. They all seem to seem to make the promise about savings just by moving your coverage. How is it plausible that every one can make almost identical claims? It’s all in the numbers.
Many companies quote the lowest rates for the type of driver they prefer to insure. An example of a profitable insured may be a mature driver, has a clear driving record, and drives newer vehicles. Any new insured who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest car insurance rates and will also save if they switch.
People who don’t meet the “perfect” profile must pay higher rates which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” not “everyone who quotes” save that much when switching. That’s the way insurance companies can advertise the way they do. Because of these techniques, it is so important to compare quotes as often as possible. It is impossible to predict which company will give you the biggest savings.
Car insurance coverage information
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Car insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are typical coverages available from car insurance companies.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your RDX resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims like scraping a guard rail, sideswiping another vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
UM/UIM Coverage – This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Acura RDX.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as falling objects, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and a broken windshield. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for liability – Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to other people or property that is your fault. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see values of 25/50/25 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage pays for things such as medical services, structural damage, repair costs for stationary objects and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Medical costs insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for immediate expenses for things like nursing services, ambulance fees and hospital visits. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Better coverage you can count on
When you buy insurance coverage online, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
Affordable 2015 Acura RDX insurance can be purchased on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance coverage companies don’t offer rate quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
Additional detailed information can be read in these articles: