Save on 2014 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid Insurance Quotes
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jan 13, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding affordable insurance on the internet may seem to be somewhat difficult for people not familiar with comparing rates online. With more and more companies competing online, how can anyone efficiently compare every possible option in order to find the lowest price?
Learn how to get car insurance more affordably
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but others are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
- Single vs. married – Walking down the aisle can get you a discount when buying car insurance. Marriage usually means you are more financially stable and insurance companies like that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Tickets cost more than a fine – Only having one speeding ticket or other violation may cause rates to rise forty percent or more. Attentive drivers get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers with severe violations such as DUI or reckless driving might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Where do you drive? – The more miles you rack up on your Volkswagen in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most companies calculate rates based on their usage. Vehicles left parked in the garage can be on a lower rate level compared to those used for work or business. It’s a smart idea to ensure your car insurance coverage is rated on the correct driver usage, because it can save money. An incorrectly rated Jetta Hybrid can cost quite a bit.
- Liability insurance – The liability section of your policy is the protection when you are found to be at fault for an accident. Liability provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Theft deterrents save – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft deterrent systems such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How much is auto insurance?
There are a lot of ways to shop for auto insurance, but there is one way that is easier and takes less work. You could spend your day talking about coverages with agents in your area, or you could use online quotes to get rates in a matter of minutes.
Many of the larger companies participate in an industry program where insurance shoppers enter their coverage request one time, and each participating company provides a quote based on the submitted data. This eliminates the need for quote requests for each company.
To enter your information into the quoting system, click here to start a free quote.
One minor caviat to getting quotes like this is you don’t know exactly the insurers to get pricing from. So if you want to choose individual companies to compare rates, we have a listing of auto insurance companies in your area. Click to view list.
Compare rates however you want, just make sure you use the exact same coverage data on every quote. If your comparisons have differing limits it will be very difficult to determine the best price for your Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid. Having just a slight variation in insurance coverages or limits may result in large price differences. Just keep in mind that getting more free quotes helps increase your odds of locating better pricing. Some regional insurers cannot provide online price quotes, so you need to compare quotes from them, too.
Does car insurance advertising bend the truth?
Well-known car insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm constantly bombard you with ads in print and on television. All the companies try to convey promises about saving some big amount if you change your car insurance coverage to their company. How can each company offer drivers better rates? It’s all in the words they use.
Companies have specific criteria for the type of insured that earns them the most money. One example of this type of driver should be between the ages of 30 and 50, has a low-risk occupation, and drives newer vehicles. Someone that matches those criteria will qualify for the lowest rates and will save if they switch.
Drivers who fall short of those criteria may receive a higher premium which results in the prospect going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “people that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save money. That’s why companies can advertise the way they do.
Different companies use different criteria so it’s extremely important to compare quotes as often as possible. Because without a comparison, you cannot know with any certainty which company will have the lowest rates for your situation.
Find discounts on auto insurance
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can help lower your rates. Many discounts should be triggered at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be asked about before being credited.
- Membership in Organizations – Affiliation with certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for auto insurance.
- Paperless Signup – Many companies may give you up to $50 shop auto insurance over the internet.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a course in defensive driving could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Low Miles Discount – Fewer annual miles on your Volkswagen may enable drivers to earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may qualify for a discount up to 10% for Jetta Hybrid coverage.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
One last thing about discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Large auto insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, accident-free, good driver, and student away at school.
- GEICO includes discounts for military active duty, federal employee, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, and good student.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, and good student.
- 21st Century may include discounts for defensive driver, theft prevention, 55 and older, anti-lock brakes, early bird, and student driver.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including good student, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, air bags, accident-free, TimeAway discount, and good driver.
- The Hartford has savings for driver training, air bag, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, and good student.
- AAA offers discounts for anti-theft, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good driver, education and occupation, pay-in-full, and multi-car.
When quoting, ask every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. If you would like to see a list of providers who offer cheap auto insurance quotes, click this link.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your insurance coverage coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions might point out if you might need professional guidance.
- What are the best liability limits?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- How high should deductibles be on a 2014 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid?
- If my 2014 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Knowing the specifics of your policy can be of help when determining the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things like court costs, pain and suffering, legal defense fees and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for expenses such as doctor visits, dental work, nursing services and EMT expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover all vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding, falling objects, damage from getting keyed and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Jetta Hybrid from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things such as colliding with a tree, backing into a parked car and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Power to the consumer
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to compare 2014 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding cheap auto insurance. Drivers may discover the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced collision coverage and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
There are still a few companies who do not offer price quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agencies. Budget-conscious 2014 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid insurance can be bought both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Additional information is located on the following sites:
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)