Cheaper 2014 MINI Cooper Coupe Insurance Quotes
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Sep 22, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest car insurance rates for your MINI Cooper Coupe? Saving money on Driverscar insurance could be kind of frustrating for people new to shopping for insurance online. With more and more companies, it can easily turn into a ton of work to find cheaper car insurance rates.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is quite easy. Basically, everyone who is required by state law to have auto insurance will be able to find lower rates. But car owners must know the way insurance companies compete online.
Insurance coverage policy discounts
Not too many consumers would say insurance coverage is affordable, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but a few must be asked for before they will apply.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can help you save on insurance coverage due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Responsible Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their car insurance quote on Cooper Coupe coverage compared to accident prone drivers.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for reduced rates on Cooper Coupe coverage.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military may lower your rates slightly.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will help reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, online quote discount, and online signing.
- The Hartford has discounts for defensive driver, driver training, air bag, anti-theft, and bundle.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including type of vehicle, multi-car, low natural disaster claims, annual mileage, age of vehicle, and good student.
- GEICO discounts include anti-theft, military active duty, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, and defensive driver.
- AAA may have discounts that include education and occupation, pay-in-full, multi-policy, multi-car, and AAA membership discount.
- State Farm offers discounts including anti-theft, passive restraint, driver’s education, good driver, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, and multiple autos.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. To choose providers with discount insurance coverage rates, follow this link.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How to shop insurance coverage online
Most major insurance companies give prices for coverage on their websites. This process is possible for anyone as you just type in your required coverages into a form. After you submit the form the company’s rating system gets information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price based on many factors.
Quoting online helps simplify price comparisons, but the time it takes to visit each company’s website and repetitively type in the same data can be a bit repetitive. But it’s very important to get many rate quotes if you want to find lower prices.
Quote rates the easy way
The quickest way to locate the lowest prices uses one simple form to return rates from several companies at one time. It’s a real time-saver, reduces the work, and makes online price comparison much easier. Once the form is submitted, it is quoted and you can select your choice of the resulting price quotes. If a lower price is quoted, you can simply submit the application and purchase coverage. This process takes just a few minutes to complete and may result in a nice savings.
To find out what other companies charge, click here to open in new window and submit the form. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you replicate coverages and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This makes sure you will have an apples-to-apples comparison for the exact same coverage.
Insurance price influencing factors
A large part of saving on insurance coverage is knowing some of the things that go into determining your policy premiums. If you know what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in cheaper rates.
- Married drivers get cheaper costs – Having a spouse may cut your premiums when shopping for insurance coverage. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more financially stable and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
- Low physical damage deductibles cost more – Physical damage deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be colliding with a stationary object, vandalism, and having a roll-over accident. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the less money you will pay for insurance coverage on Cooper Coupe coverage.
- High credit rating translates to low costs – An insured’s credit rating will be a significant factor in calculating your premium rate. So if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your 2014 MINI Cooper Coupe if you clean up your credit. Insureds with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims than those with lower credit scores.
- Vehicle theft costs us all – Driving a car with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent vehicle theft.
- Buy as much liability insurance as you can afford – The liability coverage on your policy is the protection if a jury decides you are liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to comp and collision, so do not skimp.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Big names are not always cheapest
Well-known car insurance companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive constantly bombard you with television, radio, and online ads. All the companies say the same thing that people will save if you get a free car insurance quote and switch your coverage. How can each company offer you a better deal? This is the trick they use.
Companies have specific guidelines for the type of driver that will be a good risk. A good example of a desirable insured should be over the age of 40, has no tickets, and chooses high deductibles. A customer that matches those criteria will most likely get cheap premium rates and will also save if they switch.
People who don’t qualify for these standards will probably have to pay higher premiums with the end result being the prospect going elsewhere. The ads say “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That’s the way companies can make it sound like they have such great rates. Because each company has a different risk profile, drivers must compare many company’s rates. It is just not possible to predict the company that will provide the lowest prices.
Car insurance coverage considerations
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for short-term medical expenses like doctor visits, dental work, nursing services, ambulance fees and EMT expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Cooper Coupe caused by collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as scraping a guard rail, rolling your car, colliding with a tree, hitting a mailbox and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive car insurance
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as a broken windshield, fire damage, rock chips in glass, hitting a deer and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see limits of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged propery.
Liability insurance covers claims such as structural damage, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical expenses and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Make an honest buck
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, high prices, delays in responding to claim requests or even denial of a claim. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new auto insurance company is not as hard as you think.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can reduce 2014 MINI Cooper Coupe insurance rates online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote car insurance, the better likelihood of getting cheaper car insurance. Drivers may discover the best price on auto insurance is with a small local company.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
To learn more, feel free to browse the resources below: