2014 Mazda CX-5 Insurance Rates – 10 Savings Tips
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Sep 10, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower car insurance rates for your Mazda CX-5? Are you regretting the purchase of an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? You’re in good company because you’re not alone. Many auto insurance companies vie to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers to find the lowest rate
You should take the time to do rate comparisons occasionally because insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the lowest rates on CX-5 coverage on your last policy you may be paying too much now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding car insurance online, but you can learn a bunch of ideas how to lower your car insurance rates.
Get affordable car insurance with discounts
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there are discounts available that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts will apply at the time of quoting, but a few must be asked about before they will apply.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Mature Driver Discount – Mature drivers may qualify for a discount up to 10% on CX-5 coverage.
- Smart Student Discounts – This discount can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Accident Waiver – but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Distant Student – Older children living away from home attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Paper-free Discount – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less on CX-5 coverage as compared to drivers with claims.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who agree to allow companies to spy on driving manner through the use of a telematics system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Mazda could be rewarded with discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will positively reduce your overall premium however.
A list of car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- GEICO may include discounts for defensive driver, air bags, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, and daytime running lights.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for group or association, paid in full, mature driver, air bags, and anti-theft.
- American Family may have discounts that include air bags, accident-free, Steer into Savings, early bird, mySafetyValet, and TimeAway discount.
- Esurance offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, Pac-12 alumni, online shopper, safety device, and Switch & Save.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, good student, homeowner, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm includes discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, driver’s education, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, and good student.
- AAA offers premium reductions for good driver, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, education and occupation, good student, anti-theft, and multi-car.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available everywhere.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Coverages available on your car insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Liability coverage can cover damage that occurs to other people or property in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have values of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as medical services, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, loss of income, pain and suffering and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like rock chips in glass, hitting a deer, damage from getting keyed, damage from flooding and theft. The most your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses for things like chiropractic care, prosthetic devices, X-ray expenses and pain medications. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims like backing into a parked car, sustaining damage from a pot hole, scraping a guard rail, driving through your garage door and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Never pay more for less
Lower-priced car insurance is possible both online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not offer rate quotes online and usually these smaller companies only sell through independent agents.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can reduce 2014 Mazda CX-5 insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper insurance. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. These companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Additional information is located below: