View 2014 Cadillac SRX Insurance Cost
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Nov 23, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find the cheapest insurance rates for your Cadillac SRX? Have you had enough of not being able to scrape enough together to insure your Cadillac every month? You are no different than the majority of other drivers.
Many insurers compete for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies and get the best coverage at the lowest cost out there.
How to get affordable auto insurance
Most companies give coverage price quotes from their websites. Comparing rates online doesn’t take much effort as you just type in your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. When the form is submitted, the quote system automatically retrieves your driving record and credit report and provides a quote. Being able to quote online simplifies rate comparisons, but the time required to go to a lot of sites and type in the same information is a waste of time. But it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
A more efficient way to find lower prices is to use a quote form that gets price quotes from many companies. This type of form saves time, reduces the work, and makes online price comparison much more efficient. After sending the form, it is quoted and you are able to buy any of the quote results. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you simply finish the application and buy the new coverage. The entire process takes less than 15 minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
To compare pricing, click here to open in new window and enter your vehicle and coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you duplicate the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. This ensures you will have a price comparison for similar insurance coverage.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Find hidden discounts to get affordable insurance coverage quotes
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there are discounts available that you may not know about. Some of these disounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but a few must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings. If you do not double check each discount possible, you are throwing money away.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best insurance coverage rates when compared with policyholders that have many claims.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Save with a New Car – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle may earn a small discount since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Multi-car Discount – Having multiple cars or trucks with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of companies and their possible discounts include:
- GEICO includes discounts for emergency military deployment, driver training, military active duty, federal employee, defensive driver, anti-theft, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO offers discounts for drive less, multi-car, safe driver, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, anti-theft, safe vehicle, driver’s education, student away at school, and accident-free.
- MetLife discounts include good student, multi-policy, good driver, claim-free, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for student driver, homeowners, driver training, automatic seat belts, teen driver, and theft prevention.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
If you are trying to find cheap insurance quotes, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer multiple discounts, follow this link.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Auto insurance policy specifics
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are the normal coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Liability car insurance – Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to people or other property. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as legal defense fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, repair costs for stationary objects and medical expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills for chiropractic care, surgery and rehabilitation expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, theft, a broken windshield, hitting a bird and hitting a deer. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your SRX caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things like sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a ditch and hitting a parking meter. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This coverage provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Cadillac SRX.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.