View 2014 Acura TL Insurance Quotes
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Feb 26, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Think you have overpriced insurance? Trust us, you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse. Multiple auto insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a provider to get the lowest rate
If you have a current insurance coverage policy or are shopping for new coverage, you will benefit by learning to cut your premiums while maximizing coverage. Choosing the best insurance company for you is quite easy. Drivers just need to learn the proper methods to shop their coverage around online.
Decisions you make can impact your insurance rates
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the things that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you lower auto insurance prices. Lots of things are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like an MVR report, although others are less obvious like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
- No policy lapses saves money – Driving with no insurance can get your license suspended and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You will then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
- Tickets inflate prices – Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Good drivers pay less for auto insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Only having one speeding ticket can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Drivers who have severe citations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may be required to complete a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Raise coverage deductibles and save – Your deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply would be a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, or theft of your vehicle. The larger the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be on TL insurance.
- Buy as much liability insurance as you can afford – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance kicks in in the event that you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Minor frequent insurance claims are not good – Auto insurance companies award lower rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance coverage is intended for larger claims.
- Rural areas have lower rates – Living in a rural area may provide you with better prices when trying to find low car insurance rates. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims in addition to lower liability claims
- With age comes lower premiums – Older insureds have been proven to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims and are safer drivers.Youthful drivers are proven to be careless and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher.
- Policy add-ons add up – Insurance policies have a lot of extra add-on coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t careful. Things like vanishing deductibles, death and dismemberment, and extra equipment coverage are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but if you have no use for them remove them from your policy.
The quickest way to compare car insurance rates is to know the trick all the major auto insurance companies have advanced systems to provide you with free rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide a little information including how much you drive, if the vehicle is leased, the ages of drivers, and how you use your vehicles. That rating data is submitted instantly to insurance carriers in your area and you get price estimates very quickly.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates. Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Slick advertising tricks that work
Consumers constantly see and hear ads that claim the cheapest premium rates by companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to convey the message that you can save if you switch your policy.
How can each company make the same claim? It’s all in the wording.
Insurance providers have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer that earns them a profit. An example of a preferred risk might have to be between the ages of 30 and 50, has never had a policy lapse, and has a short commute. A driver who meets those qualifications will qualify for the lowest rates and will save a lot if they switch.
Potential customers who fall short of those criteria may be forced to pay higher rates which usually ends up with business not being written. The trick is to say “customers who switch” not “all people who quote” will save that much if they switch. This is how companies can truthfully advertise the way they do. This really drives home the point why it is so important to compare as many free auto insurance quotes as you can. Because you cannot predict which insurance companies will have the lowest car insurance rates for your situation.
Pay discount rates these money-saving discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts to help offset the cost. Many discounts should be triggered at the time you complete a quote, but some must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims prior to the accident.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Theft Deterent System – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a home may earn you a small savings because it shows financial diligence.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their company to monitor when and where they use their vehicle remotely such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction on TL insurance with a few car insurance companies.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less on TL insurance than drivers with accident claims.
You can save money using discounts, but most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will definitely lower the amount you have to pay.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for driver training, safe driver, good student, youthful driver, renewal discount, 55 and retired, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife offers discounts for multi-policy, accident-free, good driver, claim-free, good student, defensive driver
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, good student, and homeowner.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including education and occupation, AAA membership discount, good driver, good student, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- American Family has discounts for good driver, Steer into Savings, accident-free, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- GEICO may include discounts for membership and employees, driver training, air bags, emergency military deployment, good student, multi-vehicle, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, accident-free, multiple autos, and multiple policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not apply in every state.
Do I need special coverages?
When choosing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Should I buy full coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance coverage information
Understanding the coverages of insurance can be of help when determining which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverages offered by insurance companies.
Coverage for medical expenses – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like ambulance fees, nursing services and funeral costs. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Acura TL.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Collision – Collision insurance pays for damage to your TL resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole, scraping a guard rail, crashing into a building and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for liability – Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as emergency aid, structural damage and court costs. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive insurance – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as hitting a deer, rock chips in glass, damage from flooding and theft. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Be a penny pincher
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can shop for 2014 Acura TL insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper auto insurance. Consumers could even find that the best price on insurance coverage is with a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Some insurance providers may not have online quoting and these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agencies. Budget-conscious 2014 Acura TL insurance can be found online and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional information is located at these links: