View 2014 Acura RDX Car Insurance Quotes
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 5, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower insurance rates for your Acura RDX? If you’re searching for lower-priced insurance online, are you confused by the crazy number of insurance sources that you can choose from? Many other people are as well. Drivers have such a vast assortment of sources available that it can be more work than you anticipated to locate the lowest premium rates.
It’s a great practice to check insurance prices yearly because insurance prices change frequently. Even if you got the lowest price on RDX insurance last year there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because we’re going to show you one of the quickest ways to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Locating more affordable protection can be fairly easy. Basically, everyone who is shopping for insurance coverage most likely will be able to find better rates. Nevertheless, consumers should learn the way companies market on the web.
How to get the cheapest insurance coverage
Comparing insurance coverage rates can be challenging if you don’t know the easiest way. You can waste hours driving to local insurance agents in your area, or you could use the internet to achieve your goal.
Most major companies participate in a marketplace where insurance shoppers only type in their quote data once, and each participating company can give them a price based on the submitted data. This saves time by eliminating quote forms for each company you want a rate for.
To use this form to compare rates click here to start a free quote.
The one disadvantage to comparing rates this way is you don’t know exactly which companies to receive prices from. If you would rather choose specific providers to receive pricing from, we have assembled a list of the cheapest insurance coverage companies in your area. Click to view list.
Whichever way you choose to compare rates, double check that you are using exactly the same coverages and limits for every quote you compare. If you compare differing limits it will be next to impossible to make an equal comparison. Quoting even small variations in insurance coverages could throw off the whole comparison. And when comparison shopping, comparing a wide range of rates provides better odds of finding the best price. Not every company allows you to get prices over the internet, so it’s important to compare rates from those companies as well.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Find discounts on insurance coverage
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every discount very clearly, so the list below details some of the best known and also the lesser-known insurance coverage savings.
- Online Discount – Certain insurance coverage companies will give you a small discount get auto insurance digitally online.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow driving data submission to monitor driving patterns by using a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
- Early Switch Discount – Some larger companies provide a discount for switching policies before your current coverage expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
Just know that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer quotes with these benefits may include but are not limited to:
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in your area. If you would like to view companies that offer discounts, click this link.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When choosing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my trailer covered?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Lower your insurance premiums
The best way to find cheaper insurance coverage is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating insurance coverage rates. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower premium levels.
- Never allow your insurance coverage policy to lapse – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a fast way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine. You may then be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Gender and insurance coverage – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Both sexes are in auto accidents at about the same rate, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. Men also get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
- Incidental coverages that may not be needed – There are many additional coverages that sound like a good idea at the time when buying insurance coverage. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness, and additional equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem good when buying your policy, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Drive less and save – Driving a lot of miles each year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles left parked in the garage can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Double check that your insurance coverage coverage states the proper vehicle usage. Having the wrong rating on your RDX is throwing money out the window.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – The liability section of your policy kicks in in the event that you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. Liability provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Vehicles that have high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Vehicles built for safety reduce occupant injuries and reduced instances of injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance advertising tricks
Companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive seem to constantly run ads in print and on television. They all seem to have a common claim that you’ll save big just by switching to their company. But how can every company claim to save you money?
Companies have specific guidelines for the type of insured that will most likely be profitable. For instance, a profitable customer might be described as over the age of 45, has never had a claim, and has great credit. Any customer who meets those qualifications receive the lowest rate quotes and therefore will cut their rates if they switch.
Consumers who fall outside the requirements may be required to pay a more expensive rate which usually ends up with the customer buying from a different company. The ads say “people that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save money. That is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings.
This emphasizes why it is so important to compare free auto insurance quotes often. It’s just too difficult to predict with any certainty which company will have better premium rates than you’re paying now.
Educate yourself about car insurance coverages
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Acura RDX.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Normally these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
This provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for claims like attorney fees, emergency aid and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for medical expenses
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for expenses like hospital visits, EMT expenses, rehabilitation expenses and nursing services. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your RDX from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like rolling your car, sustaining damage from a pot hole, backing into a parked car and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive car insurance
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like vandalism, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, theft, damage from getting keyed and hitting a bird. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
A little work can save a LOT of money
We just showed you a lot of information how to lower your 2014 Acura RDX insurance prices. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding cheap auto insurance. You may even find the most savings is with an unexpected company.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim or unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More information can be found on the following sites: