Save on 2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser Car Insurance Cost
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 5, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest car insurance rates for your Toyota FJ Cruiser? Price shopping your car insurance may be nearly impossible for drivers who are beginners to online comparison shopping. There are so many options available that it can easily turn into hard work to locate the lowest rates.
If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to save some money using these techniques. Pricing affordable insurance is easy if you know what you’re doing. Although vehicle owners can benefit from knowing how big insurance companies sell online and use this information to your advantage.
How to get car insurance rate quotes
Comparing car insurance rates can take time and effort if you aren’t aware of the most efficient way. You can spend your afternoon talking to local insurance agents in your area, or you can utilize online quoting to get the quickest rates.
All the larger companies take part in a program that enables customers to submit one quote, and each participating company can provide price quotes based on that information. This saves time by eliminating quote requests to each individual car insurance company.
To participate in this free quote system, click here to open in new window.
The one downside to getting quotes like this is that consumers can’t choose the insurers you will receive quotes from. So if you prefer to choose specific providers to receive pricing from, we have assembled a list of low cost car insurance companies in your area. Click to view list.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make sure you compare equivalent coverages and limits for each price quote. If you have different liability limits you can’t possibly truly determine the lowest rate. Just a small difference in limits could throw off the whole comparison. And when price shopping your coverage, comparing all the rates in your area will enable you to find better pricing. Not every company allows you to get quotes online, so you also need to get price quotes from those companies as well.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
You may qualify for discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list a few of the more common as well as the least known ways to save on insurance coverage. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you could be saving more on your insurance coverage.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive reduced rates for FJ Cruiser coverage.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Telematics Data – Drivers that enable companies to scrutinize driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles on the same insurance coverage policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- 21st Century includes discounts for homeowners, teen driver, driver training, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm may have discounts that include safe vehicle, anti-theft, student away at school, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, and good driver.
- AAA may offer discounts for multi-policy, AAA membership discount, good student, anti-theft, multi-car, pay-in-full, and education and occupation.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include multi-policy, new move discount, new vehicle discount, multi-car, and new graduate.
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, good student, and multi-vehicle.
If you need affordable auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Some credits might not be offered in your area. To view insurance companies who offer insurance coverage discounts, click here to view.
There’s no such thing as the perfect insurance coverage policy
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether you might need professional guidance.
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- If my 2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Components of your Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance premiums
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, although some other factors are more transparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
The following are some of the major factors that factor into your premiums.
- Experienced drivers pay less – Young drivers are proven to get distracted easily behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance coverage rates are much higher. Older people are more cautious drivers, cause fewer claims and accidents and are safer drivers.
- Less chance of injury means lower premiums – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Toyota FJ Cruiser has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may pay a lower rate.
- Getting married equates to better prices – Having a spouse can get you a discount on insurance coverage. Having a significant other usually means you are more responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Women tend to be lower risk – Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. However, this does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Both genders have accidents in similar numbers, but guys cause more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
- Bundle policies and save – Lots of companies afford lower prices to customers who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you still need to compare other company rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates. You may still be able to save money even if you insure with multiple companies
- Insurance companies don’t like frequent policy claims – If you file claims often, don’t be surprised to see higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies provide the best rates to insureds who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Your address can influence costs – Living in a small town can be a good thing when it comes to insurance coverage. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents. People who live in big cities tend to have more auto accidents and more severe claims. Higher commute times translates into higher accident risk.
- Obey driving laws and save – Getting just one moving violation may cause rates to rise forty percent or more. Attentive drivers get better prices than bad drivers. People who have license-revoking violations like DUI or reckless driving may find that they have to to complete a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Big names are not always cheapest
Companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO seem to constantly run television and radio advertisements. They all say the same thing of big savings if you just switch your insurance coverage coverage to their company. How is it possible that every company can give you a better price? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Companies can use profiling for the type of driver that earns them the most money. For example, a preferred risk could be a mature driver, insures multiple vehicles, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. Any customer that matches those criteria will probably get cheap prices and will cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who fall short of the ideal profile will have to pay more expensive rates which leads to the customer not buying. The trick companies use is to say “customers who switch” not “everyone who quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently make those claims. This really illustrates why you absolutely need to get auto insurance quotes from several different companies. Because you never know with any certainty which company will give you lower prices than your current company.
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive protection – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like falling objects, damage from flooding and rock chips in glass. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your FJ Cruiser resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims such as hitting a parking meter, sustaining damage from a pot hole, driving through your garage door and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical expense coverage – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for immediate expenses like ambulance fees, funeral costs, chiropractic care and EMT expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your 2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Liability coverage – This protects you from damage or injury you incur to other people or property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 25/50/25 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like funeral expenses, bail bonds, structural damage, legal defense fees and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
A little work can save a LOT of money
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to reduce 2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance rates online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with a small local company.
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, policy cancellation, extreme rates for teen drivers and unfair underwriting practices. Whatever your reason, finding the right car insurance provider can be easier than you think.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Much more information about car insurance is available at these links: