View 2013 Nissan Quest Insurance Cost
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jan 20, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper insurance rates for your Nissan Quest? Finding cheaper insurance for your Nissan Quest can normally be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks and make it easy.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find insurance online and we’ll show you the proper way to quote coverages for a new or used Nissan and find the best price possible.
Consumers need to take a look at other company’s rates once or twice a year since insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Even if you think you had the best deal on Quest coverage at your last renewal you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to use the internet to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost car insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don’t list all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has both the well known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy auto insurance online. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Accident-free drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Quest coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest auto insurance.
- Sign Online – Many companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on the internet.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving less can earn cheaper car insurancerates.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow their company to study driving habits remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but some companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will forgive one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get lower car insurancerates if you buy life insurance.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply the the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
The best car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including student away at school, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, safe vehicle, accident-free, and good student.
- Nationwide offers discounts for Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, family plan, accident-free, and good student.
- GEICO may have discounts that include military active duty, seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, good student, and federal employee.
- AAA discounts include good driver, anti-theft, good student, multi-car, and pay-in-full.
- 21st Century may include discounts for homeowners, driver training, student driver, defensive driver, automatic seat belts, and teen driver.
- The Hartford has discounts for defensive driver, good student, anti-theft, bundle, vehicle fuel type, and air bag.
It’s a good idea to ask each company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in your area.
The quickest method to compare car insurance rates is to know the fact most larger insurance companies participate in online systems to give free rates quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details such as your credit rating estimate, if you have a valid license, if the car is leased, and how much education you have. Your details is instantly sent to multiple insurance providers and you get price estimates very quickly.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates. Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2013 Nissan Quest?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Information about specific coverages
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability auto insurance – This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property in an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers things such as emergency aid, bail bonds and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage pays for damage to your Quest from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a mailbox, rolling your car, hitting a parking meter and crashing into a ditch. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical expense coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for expenses such as prosthetic devices, doctor visits, chiropractic care and nursing services. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Nissan Quest.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive protection – This pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as hitting a bird, a broken windshield and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Get your money’s worth
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund or even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, finding the right car insurance provider can be less work than you think.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to reduce 2013 Nissan Quest insurance premium rates online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest auto insurance. Consumers may even find the most savings is with an unexpected company.
Cheaper car insurance is definitely available on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, so you need to shop auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not provide online price quotes and many times these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents.
Even more information can be found in these articles: