Cheap 2013 Cadillac ATS Car Insurance Rates
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jul 17, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Cadillac ATS? Finding low cost prices on auto insurance is always challenging for beginners to online comparison shopping. With such a large choice of online companies, it can quickly become a ton of work to find the perfect company for you.
You should take the time to check auto insurance prices before your policy renews since insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest premium rates on ATS insurance last year you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to learn how to use the internet to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Lower your insurance costs
Many different elements are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but other criteria are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
The items below are a few of the things insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- Prices can be impacted by your vocation – Careers such as lawyers, social workers and miners have the highest average rates because of intense work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Other jobs like farmers, historians and retirees get better rates on ATS insurance.
- How much liability protection – Liability coverage will afford coverage if a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Qualify for multi-policy discounts – Many companies give better rates to policyholders that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you’re getting this discount consumers should still check prices from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most. You may still be able to find better rates by buying insurance from a different company.
- Accidents inflate rates – Being a careful driver can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Attentive drivers tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to careless drivers. Only having one citation may increase your cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless citations like DUI or reckless driving may be required to complete a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Lower premiums with GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Systems that thwart theives like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent vehicle theft.
- Pleasure use or commuting – Driving more miles annually the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies charge rates based on how the vehicle is used. Cars not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An incorrectly rated ATS may be costing you. Verify your insurance policy states the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Youthful vs. older drivers – Older insureds are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents , and usually have better credit.Inexperience drivers have been known to be easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
The method we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know all the major auto insurance companies have advanced systems to give you rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide a little information such as marital status, how old drivers are, if your license is active, and the make and model of your vehicles. Your information is instantly submitted to many of the top insurers and they return quotes within a short period of time.
To compare multiple company rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Brand name doesn’t guarantee savings
Insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with television and radio advertisements. All the companies tend to make the same promise that you can save if you move your insurance policy to them. How can each company claim to save you money? Here is the trick they use.
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer that earns them the most money. For example, a profitable risk profile might have to be a married male, owns their home, and insures a new vehicle. A customer that hits that “sweet spot” may get the lowest rates as well as cut their rates substantially.
Insureds who cannot meet these standards will be quoted a higher rate which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The wording the ads use say “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can claim big savings. That is why you absolutely need to compare many company’s prices. It’s just not possible to know which insurance companies will have the lowest premium rates for your situation.
Take advantage of every auto insurance discount
Some insurance providers don’t list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous auto insurance savings.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current expiration date. It could save around 10% when you buy insurance coverage online.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home can save you money since home ownership means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new car may earn a small discount since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks on the same auto insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and insure them with the same company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your insurance coverage quote.
- Telematics Data – Insureds who allow their auto insurance company to monitor when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Drive Less and Save – Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for slightly better auto insurancerates than normal.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from home and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
Remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- State Farm has discounts for multiple policy, safe vehicle, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, and good student.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including good student, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, driver training, and seat belt use.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including good student, teen driver discount, new move discount, new graduate, multi-car, safety features, and new vehicle discount.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, good student, anti-theft, bundle, and air bag.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good driver, accident-free, good student, claim-free, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, and homeowner.
When getting free insurance coverage quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company how you can save money. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. For a list of auto insurance companies who offer online auto insurance quotes, click here to view.
How to know if you need help
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Auto insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of insurance can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Coverage for medical payments – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for expenses like nursing services, dental work and EMT expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – This coverage provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your 2013 Cadillac ATS.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your ATS from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like hitting a mailbox, scraping a guard rail, colliding with a tree and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive coverages – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like vandalism, hitting a deer and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability coverage – Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see policy limits of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims like repair costs for stationary objects, loss of income and court costs. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
One last thing about your coverage
We covered a lot of information how to save on 2013 Cadillac ATS insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of getting cheaper insurance coverage. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices come from a smaller regional carrier.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, high prices, being labeled a high risk driver or even denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, finding a new insurance coverage company can be pretty painless.
Cost effective 2013 Cadillac ATS insurance is attainable online as well as from independent agents, so get free insurance coverage quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.