2012 Volkswagen GLI Car Insurance Quotes – 8 Ideas for Cheapest Rates
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 5, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest car insurance rates for your Volkswagen GLI? Finding the cheapest insurance for a new or used Volkswagen GLI can turn out to be difficult, but you can use the following methods to save time. There is a better way to compare car insurance rates and we’ll show you the best way to price shop coverage on a Volkswagen and locate the lowest price from local insurance agents and online providers.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have insurance now or need a new policy, you can use this information to find the best rates while maintaining coverages. Vehicle owners only need to know the most effective way to compare rates over the internet.
How much does auto insurance cost?
Lowering your 2012 Volkswagen GLI auto insurance rates is pretty simple and can save money. The only thing you need to do is take a couple of minutes getting comparison quotes provided by online insurance companies. This can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- If you don’t have a lot of time, the easiest way to find low rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison (click to open form in new window). This method prevents you from having to do repetitive form entry for each company you want a rate for. In just a few minutes this one form will get you rate comparisons from several companies. Just one form and you’re done.
- A harder way to get comparison quotes is spending the time to visit the website for each individual company and go through the quote process again. For instance, let’s assume you want rates from USAA, Progressive and State Farm. You would be required to spend time on each company’s site to enter the same coverage data repeatedly, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
Whichever way you use, do your best to enter identical coverages and limits for each comparison quote. If the quotes have mixed coverages it will be very difficult to determine which rate is truly the best.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Cut your auto insurance rates with these eight discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but a few must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow their auto insurance company to look at where and when they drive by using a telematic data system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home can save you money because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy and place coverage with the same company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but companies like Allstate and GEICO allow you one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids living away from home attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a insurance coverage quote.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply the the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
Large auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts include:
- 21st Century has savings for driver training, student driver, teen driver, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm may offer discounts for safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, passive restraint, defensive driving training, and multiple policy.
- Nationwide includes discounts for business or organization, good student, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, and defensive driving.
- Esurance offers discounts for claim free, emergency road assistance, anti-theft, Switch & Save, renters, paid-in-full, and online shopper.
- The Hartford has discounts for good student, driver training, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, bundle, air bag, and defensive driver.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in every state.
You are unique and your insurance coverage should be too
When buying the best insurance coverage coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2012 Volkswagen GLI?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Educate yourself about insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical expense insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses such as pain medications, rehabilitation expenses, nursing services and surgery. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged propery.
Liability insurance covers claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, pain and suffering, loss of income and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
This pays for damage to your GLI caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things like scraping a guard rail, crashing into a building and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. You can also increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Volkswagen GLI.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as falling objects, hitting a bird, vandalism and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.