Lower Your 2012 Tesla Model S Insurance Quotes
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 5, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper car insurance rates for your Tesla Model S? No one looks forward to paying premiums for car insurance, in particular when their premiums are through the roof. Lots of auto insurance companies contend for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer to discover the definitive lowest rate possible.
It’s a good idea to compare premium rates before your policy renews because car insurance rates tend to go up over time. If you had the best premium rates on Model S insurance at your last renewal you will most likely find a better price today. Don’t believe everything you read about car insurance on the internet, but in this article, you’re going to get some solid techniques on how to quit paying high car insurance rates.
If you have a current insurance policy or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these tips to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Finding the best rates is easy if you know what you’re doing. Consumers just need to understand the most effective way to compare company rates online.
Cheap auto insurance rates with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might be missing out on some discounts that may help make it more affordable. A few discounts will be applied at quote time, but occassionally some discounts must be manually applied before being credited.
- Driver Training Discounts – Completing a course teaching safe driver skills may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids who live away from home at college and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a discount up to 10% on Model S insurance.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application on the internet.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn better auto insurancerates on cars that stay parked.
- Good Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less on Model S insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Sign Early and Save – A few larger companies give discounts for switching policies early. You may see this discount when you get auto insurance quotes online.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
One last thing about discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
Large auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- State Farm has savings for good driver, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, multiple policy, and passive restraint.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including newly married, exclusive group savings, new vehicle discount, multi-policy, good student, and new move discount.
- American Family offers discounts for multi-vehicle, accident-free, mySafetyValet, early bird, TimeAway discount, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and online signing.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for homeowner, teen driver, electronic funds transfer, distant student, and early shopping.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including company car, paid in full, teen driver, mature driver, multi-policy, anti-theft, and safe vehicle.
- SAFECO discounts include anti-theft, bundle discounts, safe driver, teen safety rewards, drive less, accident prevention training, and homeowner.
Before buying, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some credits might not apply in your area. If you would like to see a list of providers that offer some of these discounts, click here to view.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How to get low cost car insurance
Most companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive make it easy to get pricing on their websites. Getting quotes is very simple as you just enter as requested by the quote form. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system pulls reports for credit and driving violations and provides a quote determined by many factors. This makes comparing rates easy, but the work required to visit several different sites and type in the same information is repetitive and time-consuming. Unfortunately, it is important to get many rate quotes if you want to get better prices.
A more efficient way to find cheaper rates uses one form that gets prices from a lot of companies. It’s a real time-saver, requires less work, and makes online price comparison much more efficient. Immediately after submitting the form, it is quoted and you can select any or none of the returned quotes.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you simply finish the application and purchase coverage. This process takes less than 15 minutes and may result in a nice savings.
To quickly fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, click here and enter your information. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you input the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will receive a rate comparison using the same coverage and limits.
How to lower your insurance prices
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, although some other factors are less obvious like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that may result in lower insurance prices.
The factors shown below are some of the factors used by your company to calculate premiums.
- More traffic equals higher prices – Having an address in a small town is a good thing when it comes to insurance. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents. Residents of big cities regularly have more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. More time behind the wheel means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Qualify for multi-policy discounts – Most major insurers will give better rates to policyholders that have more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to shop around to help ensure you have the lowest rates.There is a chance you can save even more than the discount even if you insure with multiple companies
- Vehicle features that cut rates – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can help prevent vehicle theft.
- Do you need those incidental coverages? – Insurance companies have many additional extra coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- High credit scores save money – An insured’s credit score can be a huge factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit is not that good, you could save money insuring your 2012 Tesla Model S by repairing your credit.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When buying proper insurance coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions may help highlight if your situation might need professional guidance.
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
The largest companies are not always cheapest
Drivers can’t get away from ads that claim the best auto insurance rates from companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads state the claim that drivers can save some big amount if you move your coverage.
How does every company have lower policy pricing? It’s all in how they say it.
Insurance providers have specific criteria for the driver that will not have excessive claims. One example of a desirable risk might have to be a married male, has a low-risk occupation, and drives newer vehicles. Anyone that fits those parameters will get the preferred premium rates and will probably save if they switch.
Insureds who do not match this stringent profile will be quoted higher rates which translates to the prospect going elsewhere. The wording the ads use say “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can advertise the way they do.
This really emphasizes why you absolutely need to compare many company’s prices. Because you cannot predict with any certainty which company will give you the biggest savings.
Coverages available on your policy
Knowing the specifics of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverage types available from insurance companies.
Liability car insurance – This can cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers claims such as medical services, medical expenses and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Tesla Model S.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Insurance for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for bills for chiropractic care, prosthetic devices, ambulance fees, X-ray expenses and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Collision coverages – This coverage pays for damage to your Model S from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as crashing into a building, sideswiping another vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole, rolling your car and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as vandalism, hail damage and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Quote more. Save more.
As you quote auto insurance, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
The cheapest 2012 Tesla Model S insurance can be found online as well as from independent agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not offer internet price quotes and many times these regional carriers sell through local independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can shop for 2012 Tesla Model S insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding cheap auto insurance. Consumers may even find the lowest car insurance rates come from a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Much more information about auto insurance can be found below: