Lower Your 2012 Acura TSX Sport Wagon Insurance Quotes
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: May 30, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower car insurance rates for your Acura TSX Sport Wagon? Have you fallen victim to high-priced car insurance? Don’t sweat it because there are many people just like you. Due to the increasing number of choices, it can be diffult for drivers to locate a lower cost insurance company.
It’s a great practice to get comparison quotes on a regular basis because rates tend to go up over time. Even if you got the best deal for TSX Sport Wagon insurance a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re about to learn the things you must know in order to save on car insurance.
Shopping for the best insurance coverage coverage can be fairly easy. If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these tips to cut your premiums and possibly find even better coverage. Consumers just need to know the best way to compare prices over the internet.
The quickest method to compare car insurance rates utilizes the fact almost all companies participate in online systems to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is give them some information including if it has an anti-theft system, whether or not you need a SR-22, an estimate of your credit level, and how much education you have. That rating data is then submitted to multiple companies and they return quotes quickly.
To compare rates for your car now, click here and enter your coverage details.
Find hidden discounts to get affordable auto insurance rates
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not know about. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked for prior to getting the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers who agree to allow data collection to analyze driving habits by installing a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a course in safe driver can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on the internet.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates for TSX Sport Wagon insurance compared to accident prone drivers.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- MetLife includes discounts for good student, claim-free, good driver, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including location of vehicle, good student, professional/association, age of vehicle, multi-car, and ease of repair.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include family plan, multi-policy, easy pay, anti-theft, business or organization, and defensive driving.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for driver training, good student, military active duty, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, anti-theft, and air bags.
- AAA has savings for education and occupation, multi-car, pay-in-full, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in your area.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your insurance coverage coverage to you
When buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions may help highlight if you might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Why you might pay inflated rates
Lots of things are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, although others are less obvious such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.When buying insurance coverage it’s important to understand the different types of things that help calculate your premiums. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you lower insurance coverage prices.
- Limits of liability coverage – Liability insurance will protect you when you are determined to be liable for personal injury or accident damage. This coverage provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Guys tend to take more risk – Over time, data shows females are less aggressive when driving. Now that doesn’t mean men are worse drivers. Both genders cause auto accidents in similar percentages, but men cause more damage. Men also get higher numbers of serious violations such as reckless driving.
- Never let your insurance coverage policy lapse – Not maintaining insurance can get your license suspended and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage have a gap. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Get better rates if married – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price on your insurance coverage bill. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Premiums increase with driving tickets – Having a single chargable violation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers get better prices than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get license-revoking tickets such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s licensing department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Is you occupation costing you more? – Jobs like military generals, business owners and emergency personnel generally have the highest average rates attributed to high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, jobs like professors, historians and performers have lower than average premiums for TSX Sport Wagon insurance.
Brand name doesn’t guarantee savings
Drivers can’t ignore all the ads for the lowest price insurance coverage from companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. They all make an identical promise that drivers can save some big amount just by moving your coverage.
But how can every company cost less than your current company? It’s all in the words they use.
Many companies have strict underwriting profiles for the type of driver that will most likely be profitable. For instance, a profitable risk profile may be a female over age 40, has few claims, and does not commute to work. Anybody who matches those parameters receives the best car insurance rates and therefore will save some money.
Insureds who fall outside the “perfect” profile may receive higher rates with the end result being business going elsewhere. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “drivers who switch” not “all people who quote” save that much when switching. That is how companies can advertise the savings.
This illustrates why it is so important to compare price quotes frequently. You cannot predict the company that will have the best rates.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Specifics of your car insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverage types found on most car insurance policies.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like damage from getting keyed, vandalism, fire damage and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your TSX Sport Wagon resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as crashing into a building, scraping a guard rail, hitting a parking meter, driving through your garage door and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for expenses like chiropractic care, surgery and dental work. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things such as bail bonds, medical expenses, loss of income and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This coverage provides protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your 2012 Acura TSX Sport Wagon.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Be a money saver!
Some insurance companies may not provide online rate quotes small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents. Cheaper insurance is available on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can lower your 2012 Acura TSX Sport Wagon insurance car insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the best car insurance rates are with a small mutual company. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Additional information can be found on the following sites: