Cheap 2011 Acura ZDX Car Insurance Cost
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Sep 7, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find better auto insurance rates for your Acura ZDX? Pricey auto insurance can bottom out your family’s budget and maybe even restrict other spending.
Companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance all claim big savings with ad campaigns and consumers find it hard to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and find the best price available.
If you currently have car insurance, you should be able to cut costs considerably using these tips. Buying car insurance is not rocket science. Although car owners must understand the way companies price insurance differently and use this information to your advantage.
Slash your insurance rates with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there may be some discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain reductions will be credited when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Acura can qualify you for substantially lower premium rates.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Mature Driver Discount – Mature drivers are able to get lower premium rates for ZDX coverage.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Distant Student Discount – living away from home attending college and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- One Accident Forgiven – but companies like State Farm and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application on the web.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- Drivers Education – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class in school.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts include:
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple autos, good student, safe vehicle, passive restraint, student away at school, driver’s education, and defensive driving training.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for multi-car, preferred payment discount, good student, hybrid vehicle, exclusive group savings, multi-policy, and newly retired.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, good student, and mySafetyValet.
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for mature driver, switch companies, multi-car, bundle discounts, pay in full, and teen driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for company car, anti-theft, multiple vehicles, paid in full, student away at school, group or association, and safe driver.
- SAFECO offers discounts for drive less, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, anti-theft, and teen safety rewards.
If you need cheaper insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. To choose insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts, click here.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions could help you determine whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Should I rate my 2011 Acura ZDX as pleasure use or commute?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Learn about auto insurance coverages for an Acura ZDX
Having a good grasp of auto insurance can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your 2011 Acura ZDX.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
This pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like fire damage, damage from getting keyed and a broken windshield. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability coverage protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for claims like funeral expenses, emergency aid and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills like hospital visits, surgery and funeral costs. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your ZDX from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as hitting a mailbox, hitting a parking meter, damaging your car on a curb and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Shop around and save
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
A few companies may not have online quoting smaller providers work with local independent agents. Lower-priced car insurance is attainable online and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection.
You just read some good ideas how you can get a better price on 2011 Acura ZDX insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from the least-expected company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
To read more, link through to the articles below: