Cheap 2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser Insurance Quotes
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Apr 17, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Feel like you’re a prisoner to an overpriced auto insurance policy? You’re preaching to the choir because many drivers have buyer’s remorse.
Numerous auto insurance companies battle for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to find the best rate
How to get free insurance coverage quotes online
Effectively comparing insurance coverage prices can be challenging if you don’t understand the most efficient way. You could spend the better part of a day driving to insurance agencies in your area, or you can stay home and use online quotes to get prices fast.
Many companies take part in a program where prospective buyers send in one quote, and each participating company returns a competitive quote based on that information. This prevents consumers from doing quote requests to each company. To find out what other companies charge click here (opens in new window).
The only downside to doing it this way is that consumers can’t choose which carriers you want to price. If you wish to select specific providers to compare, we put together a list of companies who write insurance coverage in your area. Click here to view list.
Take whichever approach you prefer, but be certain you are entering identical quote information on every quote. If the quotes have different values for each quote then you won’t be able to determine the best price for your Toyota FJ Cruiser. Slightly different insurance coverages can mean a large discrepancy in price. Just keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies increases the change that you will find a lower rate. Not every company allows you to get online rate quotes, so it’s necessary to compare price quotes from them as well.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Earn discounts on insurance coverage
Companies that sell car insurance do not list all disounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down some of the best known as well as some of the hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy insurance coverage online.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with more than one vehicle on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Telematics Data – Drivers that enable their company to look at driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles could earn substantially lower premium rates.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO may permit one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a course in safe driver is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Government Employee Discount – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off for FJ Cruiser coverage with some insurance coverage companies.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce the cost of your policy.
Large insurance coverage companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm has discounts for anti-theft, passive restraint, multiple autos, defensive driving training, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for multi-policy, hybrid vehicle, multi-car, preferred payment discount, and teen driver discount.
- American Family may include discounts for good driver, early bird, Steer into Savings, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, accident-free, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for bundle discounts, teen driver, distant student, multi-car, good student, and electronic funds transfer.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for student away at school, teen driver, anti-lock brakes, safe vehicle, company car, paid in full, and paperless.
- SAFECO discounts include anti-theft, accident prevention training, multi-car, teen safe driver, and bundle discounts.
When quoting, ask every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders everywhere.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions could help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Does my 2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser need full coverage?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Coverages available on your insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the normal coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage covers damage to your FJ Cruiser from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things like colliding with another moving vehicle, colliding with a tree and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills for things like chiropractic care, funeral costs and doctor visits. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability can pay for claims such as court costs, structural damage and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as falling objects, rock chips in glass, fire damage and vandalism. The most your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.