Cheap 2010 Acura TSX Car Insurance Quotes
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 5, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
No car owner enjoys paying for auto insurance, especially when they could get a better deal. Due to the large number of online and local companies to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to choose a more affordable company.
It is always a good idea to price shop coverage on a regular basis because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the best deal for TSX coverage last year you can probably find a better rate now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the best way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
Low cost car insurance price quotes online
Finding a lower price on 2010 Acura TSX insurance is actually easier than you may think. Just invest a few minutes to compare rate quotes online from several insurance companies. Shoppers can get rates using a couple different methods.
- Without a doubt, the easiest way consumers can make multiple comparisons is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This quick form saves time by eliminating a different quote to each individual car insurance company. Taking the time to complete one form compares rates from multiple low-cost companies.
- A different way to get comparison quotes consists of going to the website for every company you want to comare and fill out their own quote form. For instance, we’ll assume you want to compare rates from Allstate, Progressive and Liberty Mutual. To get each rate you have to navigate to each company’s site and repeatedly enter your information, which is not fast way to get rate quotes.
To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- If you have time to kill, the last way to quote and compare insurance rates is actually driving to insurance agencies in your area. Comparing rates online makes this process obsolete unless you have a need for the trained guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Some companies do allow you to comparison shop your insurance online and still use a local agent.
Which method you use is up to you, but make sure you are using exactly the same coverage information on every price quote you get. If you are comparing different limits and deductibles on each one it will be next to impossible to determine which company has the best rates.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Affordable insurance coverage rates with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but occassionally some discounts must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner can save you money because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Early Signing – Some companies provide a discount for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Safety Course Discount – Passing a class that teaches defensive driving techniques could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- E-sign – Many larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up on the web.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Life Insurance – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase life insurance.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you could get a free insurance coverage policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- Travelers may offer discounts for new car, home ownership, payment discounts, multi-car, continuous insurance, good student, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century offers discounts including teen driver, student driver, anti-lock brakes, 55 and older, defensive driver, and good student.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple autos, driver’s education, good driver, multiple policy, defensive driving training, and good student.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, five-year accident-free, good student, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for safe driver, teen safety rewards, homeowner, drive less, and anti-theft.
- AAA discounts include good student, AAA membership discount, good driver, multi-car, multi-policy, anti-theft, and pay-in-full.
Double check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered everywhere.
Get cheaper auto insurance with these tips
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that could result in lower auto insurance prices. Lots of things are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but some are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
- Low credit rating equals high premiums – A driver’s credit rating will be a significant factor in determining your rates. If your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your 2010 Acura TSX by spending a little time repairing your credit. Insureds that have high credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- Better rates on safer cars – Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. Safer cars protect occupants better and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company which can result in lower premiums. If your Acura is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may cost less to insure.
- Never let your auto insurance policy lapse – Driving without insurance is against the law and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- Prices may be higher where you live – Choosing to live in a rural area has it’s advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. People who live in big cities tend to have congested traffic and longer commute times. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Responsible drivers pay the best rates – Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Getting just one speeding ticket can bump up the cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers unfortunate enough to have multiple violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may be required to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Your stress level may be raising your prices – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations like doctorsairline pilots and miners are shown to have the highest average rates in part from stressful work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, professions such as scientists, historians and retirees receive lower rates for TSX coverage.
- Extra coverages are wasting money – There are many additional extra coverages that you can buy on your 2010 TSX policy. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but if they’re wasting money get rid of them and save.
- File claims and pay more – Insurance companies provide better rates to insureds who are claim-free. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
Tailor your insurance coverage coverage to you
When buying coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions might point out if you would benefit from professional advice.
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- How much liability insurance is required?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Save $475 a year. For real?
Drivers can’t avoid all the ads that claim the lowest prices by companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. They all make the same claim about saving some big amount if you change your coverage to them.
How does each company have lower policy pricing? This is how they do it.
All companies have underwriting criteria for the type of driver that makes them money. One example of this type of insured should be over the age of 50, has never had a policy lapse, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Anybody who matches those parameters may get the lowest premium rates and most likely will cut their rates if they switch.
People who don’t meet those standards will see higher rates and this results in business not being written. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. This is how insurance companies can make claims like that. Because of the profiling, drivers must compare quotes as often as possible. It is impossible to predict the company that will be your best fit.
Auto insurance coverages
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are typical coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for expenses like chiropractic care, ambulance fees and dental work. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Acura TSX.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to other people or property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged propery.
Liability can pay for claims like repair costs for stationary objects, emergency aid and court costs. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like rock chips in glass, damage from flooding, damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Auto collision coverage
This covers damage to your TSX resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, backing into a parked car, scraping a guard rail and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Be a Smart Shopper
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can save on 2010 Acura TSX insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheap insurance. You may even find the lowest premium rates come from the least-expected company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Cheaper auto insurance is available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not offer online rate quotes and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.