2009 Honda Odyssey Insurance Quotes
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 5, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Locating discount insurance coverage might seem rather difficult for vehicle owners new to comparing and buying insurance coverage over the internet. When there are so many companies competing online, how are vehicle owners expected to have a chance to compare every company to locate lower insurance coverage premiums?
If you have car insurance now, you will be able to save some money using these tips. Locating affordable coverage is not that difficult. But car owners benefit from understanding the way companies market on the web and use this information to your advantage.
Which auto insurance is cheapest?
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from different companies. The simplest method to compare 2009 Honda Odyssey insurance prices consists of obtaining rate quotes online. This is very easy and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- One of the simplest ways to get the best comparison quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison (click to open form in new window). This easy form keeps you from doing repetitive form submissions for every company. In just a few minutes this one form gets insurance cost estimates from several companies. It’s the fastest way to compare.
- A more difficult way to get comparison quotes requires a visit to the website of each company to complete a price quote. For examples sake, we’ll pretend you want to compare rates from Auto-Owners, GEICO and Allstate. In order to get each rate, you would have to go to each individual site to enter the same coverage data repeatedly, which can take a lot of time.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The old school way to find lower rates is making phone calls or going to all the different insurance agencies. The ability to quote online makes this unnecessary unless you require the advice and guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. It is possible with some companies find lower rates online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
Whichever way you use, do your best to use equivalent coverage limits and deductibles on every quote. If you compare unequal deductibles or liability limits you will not be able to determine which rate is truly the best. Even a minor difference in insurance coverages can result in a big premium difference. And when comparing auto insurance rates, know that more quotes provides better odds of finding more affordable rates. Not every company allows you to get online rate quotes, so it’s important to also get price estimates from those companies as well.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Discounts for cheaper car insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list every discount they offer very well, so we break down some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on car insurance.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to sucessfully take a drivers education course if offered at their school.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get a small decrease in premiums for Odyssey coverage.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Insuring more than one vehicle with the same car insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a auto insurance quote.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers living away from home attending college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
Don’t be surprised that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic. But any discount should help reduce the premium cost.
Auto insurance companies that may offer policyholders these benefits are:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts may not be available everywhere. To choose providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts, click here.
Why informed consumers pay less for Honda Odyssey insurance
Lots of things are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your commute time.
- Your liability protection limits – Liability insurance is the protection if a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. This coverage provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- High coverage deductibles cost less – Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. Insurance for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, animal collisions, or theft of your vehicle. The higher the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for insurance coverage for Odyssey coverage.
- The more you drive the more you pay – The more you drive each year the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Double check that your insurance coverage policy correctly shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money. Having the wrong rating on your Odyssey can result in significantly higher rates.
- Are you male or female? – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Both sexes cause auto accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species cause more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Credit history impacts premium prices – Credit history will be a significant factor in determining what you pay for insurance coverage. People with high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with poor credit scores. So if your credit history could use some work, you could pay less to insure your 2009 Honda Odyssey by improving your rating.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When buying the best car insurance coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Auto insurance companies are expert advertisers
Big name companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm seem to constantly run ads on television and other media. All the ads seem to make the promise about saving some big amount if you move your auto insurance coverage to their company. How is it possible that every company can charge less that you’re paying now?
Insurance companies give the cheapest rates for the type of customer that will be a good risk. One example of this type of driver may be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and has excellent credit. Someone that fits those parameters will get the preferred rates and will also save some money.
Consumers who do not match these criteria may receive higher premiums which translates to business going elsewhere. The ads say “drivers that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that much. This is how insurance companies can claim big savings. Different companies use different criteria so you absolutely need to get auto insurance quotes as often as possible. Because without a comparison, you cannot know which company will have the best car insurance rates at this point in time.
Auto insurance policy coverages for a 2009 Honda Odyssey
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for short-term medical expenses like EMT expenses, ambulance fees and rehabilitation expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive auto insurance
Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hail damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane, falling objects and a broken windshield. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Collision insurance covers damage to your Odyssey resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things such as rolling your car, driving through your garage door and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like pain and suffering, medical services, court costs, repair costs for stationary objects and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Don’t break the bank
As you prepare to switch companies, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
People switch companies for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even high prices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to save on 2009 Honda Odyssey insurance. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable auto insurance. You may be surprised to find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
To learn more, feel free to visit these articles:
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)