Save on 2008 Jaguar XJ-Series Car Insurance Quotes
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Sep 27, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Confused by the number of insurance companies? You have such a vast assortment of companies available that it can turn into a difficult challenge to compare premium rates.
It’s a great practice to check insurance prices on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance prices change frequently. Just because you found the lowest rates for XJ-Series insurance a year ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because we’re going to show you how to use online quotes to find lower rates on insurance.
Verify you’re applying every discount
Insurance is expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of purchase, but a few must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Onboard Data Collection – People who choose to allow their insurance company to analyze their driving habits by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles may allow you to get substantially lower premium rates.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies and insure them with the same company you could save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Accident Waiver – but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims before the accident.
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% for XJ-Series insurance with some insurance companies.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more for XJ-Series insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Discount for Good Grades – Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for driver training, five-year accident-free, air bags, anti-theft, defensive driver, seat belt use, and daytime running lights.
- MetLife discounts include claim-free, defensive driver, good driver, good student, and accident-free.
- State Farm offers discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, passive restraint, good driver, driver’s education, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for location of vehicle, accident-free, anti-theft, good student, type of vehicle, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including theft prevention, automatic seat belts, teen driver, early bird, student driver, anti-lock brakes, and 55 and older.
- Allstate may have discounts that include economy car, senior citizen, anti-theft, new car, auto/life discount, and good student.
When getting free car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all the companies the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above might not apply in your area. To view companies with discount rates, follow this link.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Ways to get auto insurance quotes
There are multiple methods you can shop for auto insurance but some are more efficient than others. You could spend your day driving to agents in your area, or you can utilize the internet to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
Most of the best insurance companies take part in a program that enables customers to enter their policy data once, and at least one company provides a quote for coverage. This eliminates the need for quote requests to every company.
To use this form to compare rates click here to open in new window.
The one downside to pricing coverage this way is you don’t know exactly which companies to receive prices from. If you would rather choose specific insurance companies for rate comparison, we have assembled a list of companies who write auto insurance in your area. Click to view list.
You can choose any of those ways to find more affodable coverage, but make darn sure you compare identical deductibles and coverage limits on every quote you get. If you are comparing unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be nearly impossible to determine which company has the best rates. Slightly different coverages could throw off the whole comparison. And when comparison shopping, more quotes increases the change that you will find more affordable insurance.
Jaguar XJ-Series insurance premium factors
Many different elements are used when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as your driving history, although others are more obscure such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.The best way to find cheaper insurance coverage is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine the price you pay for insurance coverage. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are a few of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
- Put fewer miles on your vehicle – The higher the miles on your Jaguar every year the higher your rates will be. A lot of insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos not used for work or commuting can be on a lower rate level than those that get driven frequently. It’s a good idea to make sure your insurance coverage declarations sheet correctly shows the proper vehicle usage. An improperly rated XJ-Series may be wasting your money.
- Obey driving laws and save – Careful drivers have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Having a single chargable violation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as thirty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have license-revoking tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
- Married drivers get cheaper costs – Having a spouse helps lower the price compared to being single. Marriage may mean you are less irresponsible and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Frequent insurance coverage claims will cost more – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies give the lowest premiums to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of more catestrophic claims.
- Cars with good safety ratings save money – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce injuries and fewer injuries means less claims paid and lower rates for you.
- Prices and your address – Living in a rural area has definite advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers means less chance of accidents and a lower car theft rate. Urban drivers have more aggressive driving styles and longer commutes to work. More time commuting means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Which gender costs less? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. Now that doesn’t mean males are worse at driving than females. Men and women get in auto accidents in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically receive more costly citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
The ad said I’d save $421 a year!
Respected companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO endlessly run ads in print and on television. They all try to convey promises that people will save just by switching your policy. But how can every company make almost identical claims? This is the way they can do it.
Most companies have specific characteristics for the type of customer that makes them money. An example of this type of risk profile might be described as between the ages of 30 and 45, has never had a policy lapse, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A customer that fits those parameters will get very good premium rates and will cut their rates if they switch.
Potential insureds who fall outside these stringent criteria will probably have to pay a higher rate and this can result in the customer buying from someone else. The ad wording is “customers that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that much. This is how companies can truthfully make claims that they all have the best rates. Because of this risk profiling, you really should compare rate quotes every year. You cannot predict which insurance companies will have the lowest rate quotes.
Coverages available on your insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Jaguar XJ-Series.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
This coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as funeral expenses, bail bonds, attorney fees and medical services. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your XJ-Series resulting from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as crashing into a ditch, sideswiping another vehicle, scraping a guard rail, colliding with a tree and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for expenses for things like doctor visits, funeral costs, pain medications, prosthetic devices and EMT expenses. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, rock chips in glass and a broken windshield. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
More choices the merrier
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as high prices, not issuing a premium refund, being labeled a high risk driver or delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching insurance coverage companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Cost effective 2008 Jaguar XJ-Series insurance is attainable on the web and from local insurance agents, so get free car insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
You just read a lot of techniques to reduce 2008 Jaguar XJ-Series insurance premium rates online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even discover the most savings is with a small local company.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below: