How Much Does 2006 Honda Civic Insurance Cost?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 1, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find more affordable insurance may be frustrating for beginners to online rate comparisons. With literally dozens of online companies, it can be a real difficult job to find cheaper insurance rates.
It’s a good habit to take a look at other company’s rates quite often because insurance prices change quite often. If you had the lowest rates for Civic coverage at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because it’s time to teach you the best methods to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Shop insurance online
When shopping for low cost auto insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to obtain and compare prices from many different insurance companies. The simplest method to find affordable 2006 Honda Civic insurance rates consists of shopping online. It’s really quite simple and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- One of the best ways to find the lowest comparison rates is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This form eliminates the need for separate quote forms for each price estimate. One simple form will get you price quotes from all major companies. This is by far the quickest method.
- A less efficient way to get quotes online is to manually visit the website for each individual company and repeat the quote process again and again. For instance, we’ll pretend you want to get rates from USAA, Safeco and Progressive. In order to compare rates, you need to spend time on each company’s site and repeatedly type in your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a list of companies in your area, click here.
Whichever method you choose, be sure to compare apples-to-apples deductibles and coverage limits for every company. If the quotes have different coverage information it will be next to impossible to determine the lowest rate for your Honda Civic. Having just a slight variation in insurance coverages or limits could mean much higher rates. Just keep in mind that getting more free quotes gives you a better chance of getting more affordable insurance.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
The auto insurance bait and switch
Companies like Allstate and Progressive constantly bombard you with television and radio advertisements. All the ads say the same thing that you’ll save big if you get a free auto insurance quote and switch your policy. How is it plausible that every one can sell you cheaper insurance coverage? This is the way they can do it.
Different companies quote their cheapest rates for the type of driver they prefer to insure. One example of a driver they prefer could be married and over the age of 30, has a clear driving record, and has great credit. Anybody who fits those characteristics will get low rates and have a good chance to save quite a bit of money when switching.
People who don’t measure up to the requirements will probably be forced to pay a higher premium which leads to business not being written. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “drivers that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that kind of money. That’s the way insurance companies can claim big savings. That is why you really should get a wide range of price quotes. It is just not possible to predict the company that will fit you best based on your risk profile.
Six tips to get cheaper insurance rates
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the rating factors that aid in calculating your premiums. When you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that may result in lower premium levels.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Lots of insurers will give better rates to people that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you still need to shop around to ensure the best deal. You may still be able to save more without the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
- Poor credit decisions can cost you – Having a bad credit history is a big factor in determining what you pay. Therefore, if your credit history could use some work, you could be paying less to insure your 2006 Honda Civic by taking the time to improve your credit score. Drivers who have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with bad credit.
- How many miles do you drive? – The more you drive your Honda every year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Many insurance companies calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Cars not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates than those that get driven frequently. Ask your agent if your car insurance declarations sheet reflects the right rating data. Incorrect rating for your Civic may be wasting your money.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – Insurance companies generally give the best rates to drivers who only file infrequent claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Raise deductibles and save – Insurance for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your Honda. Some coverage claims are a broken windshield, damage from fire, and damage caused by flying debris. Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive for Civic coverage.
- Getting married reduces risk – Getting married may save some money on car insurance. It means you’re more financially stable and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Get affordable insurance rates with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less for Civic coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Smart Student Discounts – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Pay Early and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO and Allstate will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will help reduce your overall bill.
The best insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- State Farm includes discounts for anti-theft, accident-free, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, good student, and multiple autos.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for good student, newly married, new vehicle discount, new graduate, multi-policy, and newly retired.
- American Family offers premium reductions for defensive driver, early bird, mySafetyValet, good student, TimeAway discount, and good driver.
- Progressive discounts include good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including business and professional, distant student, youthful driver, homeowner, alternative fuel, switch companies, and electronic funds transfer.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include multiple vehicles, safe vehicle, teen driver, multi-policy, and safe driver.
- SAFECO may include discounts for bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, accident prevention training, and homeowner.
If you need affordable auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company how you can save money. Savings might not be offered in your state. To view insurance companies who offer cheap insurance quotes, click here.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your insurance coverage coverage to you
When buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Auto insurance coverage considerations
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things like sideswiping another vehicle, rolling your car, colliding with another moving vehicle and crashing into a building. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hail damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from getting keyed. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for expenses such as hospital visits, chiropractic care and nursing services. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability auto insurance
This can cover damage that occurs to other people or property in an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for claims such as structural damage, loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Honda Civic.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Quote more, save more
Budget-conscious 2006 Honda Civic insurance can be sourced online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some car insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers work with independent insurance agents.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in paying claims, high prices and policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, finding a new company can be pretty painless.
We’ve covered a lot of ways to shop for 2006 Honda Civic insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest rates are with a small mutual company.
Additional information is located at these links:
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic in Cleveland? (ClevelandCoverage.com)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)